THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I need some of your collective expertise...
 Login/Join

<BWN300MAG>
posted
Off topic of Africa, but I am thinking of picking up one of the cz's in .223 and I think I would like to try out one of the full stock versions. Now I know that every gun is different, but do any of you have any experience with this gun? How accurate is it (one inch groups and all that)? I will be using it mainly for varmints and the like. Thoughts, ideas, advise?
Thanks,
Brian

One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted Hide Post
The CZ's with normal stocks are accurate for me giving easily one inch groups with decent ammo.
I have four and plan on buying more. I use .22 Hornet, .221 Fireball, 223 Rem, and 7.62x39. If you handload you may run into problems with the overall loaded length restrictions of the magazines when you want to load heavy, long bullets. It has been only a minor inconvenience for me.

I plan on getting another in 7.62x39 and rebarreling it to 6mmPPC.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
I have been lusting after a full stock CZ 223 for a long time. I have the full stock 22lr and love it. I also have the CZ 527 American in 223 and it is a very accurate rifle. 1" accuracy is an easy reality with the CZ 223. Get one and you will love it. My only gripe with the 527's is the magazine protruding out the bottom of the stock. I wish they would make it a flush fit hinged floorplate instead of their current system.

William Berger

True courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne

The courageous may not live forever, but the timid do not live at all.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I also like the CZ 527, having one in 222 Remington. I just love that small Mauser type action. I'm still in the precess of honing my reloads, but, I've gotten several different loads that will do arouind 1/2" at 100 yards for 3 shots. I was testing with IMR 4198, and now have some loaded with RL-7 that I'll try next. I did do a trigger job on mine getting the unset pull down where I want it. The set pull weight is around 13 oz. I bedded it in glass and floated the barrel too.
I do need some more of them; like a 223 and a Hornet. I'm settling in on the small boomers from here on. No more big stuff...
Don

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
I have an older Brno/CZ ZKK-601 in 223, shoots about one MOA.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a CZ 550 Medium FS Lux in 9.3x62mm. Its first three shots for group at 100 yards went into just over 0.3" center to center.

The full stock was no impediment to accuracy in this rifle, and the tiger stripe walnut goes all the way out to the muzzle cap. thumb

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
<BWN300MAG>
posted
Thanks for the advice. I appreciate the input. I do believe the full stock cz's may be the best looking (affordable) gun on the market. I am goin to have to get one.
M1 - did you recieve the .17 yet? I took the .303 out and got a group of less than one inch with 3 shots and less than 2 inches offhand with 5 shots. It is without a doubt the ugliest damn rifle I have ever owned, but I am loving it. It is well on its way to becoming my favorite. Thanks for the trade.