New
Find
Notify
Tools

FN Military Mauser Action
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Howdy. I have the opportunity to purchase a rifle in .30-06 made up on a Fabrique Nationale military action.
The action has the thumb cut and the stripper clip slots. The action is drilled and tapped for scope mounts but hasn't
had the safety converted yet. The bolt is bent down. The trigger is the military two-stage. Would this be a
safe and suitable action to build a custom rifle on? The finish is excellent and the bolt action very slick. I figure on shooting out
the .30-06 barrel and then having it rebarreled to .338-06 or something like that. Thanks all.

Brian

one of us
Picture of Ol Bull
posted Hide Post
frontlander, yes and dennis will give you the same answer and he'll also build you a FINE, ACCURATE custom rifle on it!

Posts: 1117 | Location: Helena, MT, USA | Registered: 01 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post
The FN military mausers were very well made and were used to re-equip europead forces after the war. Unlike the Isralie mausers which were put together with war spoils, the FN's were new manufactured.

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
I have am almost-mint Venezuelan Army FN M1924 Mauser in 7X57mm. I have NEVER seen a BETTER military Mauser action.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Frontlander, He's recently moved from the high city taxed Gt. Falls city to about 10 miles North, You might check out Alan K. Horst. I haven't checked his new address, but he would be in phone book because he is computer literate, probably still on dial-up. Both the Dennis's are quite competent,too, Alan just might be closer to you.

Posts: 199 | Location: Kalispell MT. | Registered: 01 November 2002Reply With Quote