Find
Notify
Tools

Help with shotgun id
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted
I have an old 20 gauge boxlock with a straight grip and splinter forend that I don't know anything much about. On the bottom of the action are the words: Brun-Latrige St. Etienne. Any information is appreciated. Thanks!
Good Hunting,

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
<JBelk>
posted
ACRecurve--

Thi is all Side by Sides of the World has to say--

BRUN-LATRIGE : In the 1890s, this well known arms maker, located in St. Etienne, France, built shotguns using the most popular systems of the day. BRUN-LATRIGE side by sides could be had with or without hammers. They were chambered for most cartridges including pin-fires and central-fires. They also built a shotgun similar to the Darne sliding breech system and an assortment of revolvers and rifles.

That's all I find.

One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
Jack,

Thanks for the information! I picked this gun up for a song because the grip is broken. I was thinking of restocking it myself and then having the metal redone. Is there someone you would recommend who would be able to use the old wood as a pattern to make me a semi-inletted stock? I have built rifle stocks from blanks but not shotguns.

Best Regards,

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote