New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kimber Rifle Availability?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What is the situation for you guys in the States as far as getting Kimber rifles from your gun shops?

Do they have stock and if this is not the case, what sort of wait time are you experiencing?

They are proving very hard to get here in Australia, despite an excellent distributor.

Posts: 15784 | Location: Australia and Saint Germain en Laye | Registered: 30 December 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
Doesn't seem to hard to get at all around here, saw several on the shelves a few days ago.

Steve...........

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life Member
USAF Veteran

Posts: 1836 | Location: Semo | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
They are locally rare, unless you live someplace with a big enough shop to stock them. They can be hard to order from the distributors, as they sell out quickly.

What about Abelas in Sydney. They had quite a stock when I lived in Canberra 18 months ago.

Posts: 7775 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, they have some but hard to get the calibre you want in some models...........

Posts: 15784 | Location: Australia and Saint Germain en Laye | Registered: 30 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve E.:
Doesn't seem to hard to get at all around here, saw several on the shelves a few days ago.

Steve...........

Thanks Steve...........

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just moved from Brisbane but would see them routinely (over priced as all things Australian) at the big shop there. Cannot recall the name but a search should easily find it.

Posts: 1575 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What cartridge?

Abelas have Ascent in 308 and 30-06.

Cheers, Chris

DRSS

Posts: 1935 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chris,

I'm after the varmint in 204 Ruger and 223..........

Regards,

Blair.

One of Us
Picture of 7mmMagnum
posted Hide Post
There's a really, really, really nice .22-250 Varmint in my local. It's brand new, but it's got some drool marks on it from me.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Blair try World of Hire in Armidale, they carry a lot of Kimbers.

http://www.worldofhire.com.au/armidale-rifles.php

Cheers, Chris

DRSS

Posts: 1935 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote