THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    What do you think of this custom gunshop in Texas?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do you think of this custom gunshop in Texas?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
While surfing the net I came across this site for custom gunwork. The stockwork looks super and the prices for complete rifles seems very reasonable.Anyone ever used this shop? http://www.tanyardspringsgunshop.com/index.html

Larry

Posts: 36 | Location: Northeast Ohio | Registered: 20 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No, but I think if he is going to show off his mechandise he should know what high quality pictures are. His work looks great, but he needs help on pictures.

Mink and Wall Tents don't go together. Especially when you are sleeping in the Wall Tent.
DRSS .470 & .500

Posts: 1051 | Location: The Land of Lutefisk | Registered: 23 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
It looks like you should order up a custom rifle and make a report to us complete with high rez photos'! Big Grin Nate

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
I have not used them but did talk to them at one point. They could not help me as the rifle I wanted to restock was not one they had a pattern for (Model 54 Winchester) and they could not do the metal work I was looking at (install new bottom metal, install barrel band swivel). I think they have a set number of actions they work with and things they do, rather than being a full-custom shop. Nothing wrong with that as there are only so many aspects of my field I cover as well.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigNate:
It looks like you should order up a custom rifle and make a report to us complete with high rez photos'! Big Grin Nate

Nate,

I will order it up right away. Can you spare a few hundred dollars. I will write the article up if you pay for it.

Mink and Wall Tents don't go together. Especially when you are sleeping in the Wall Tent.
DRSS .470 & .500

Posts: 1051 | Location: The Land of Lutefisk | Registered: 23 November 2002Reply With Quote