New
Find
Notify
Tools

With Respect To Censorship .....
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I don't think we need censorship, I think we need to have dual, identical sections on AR......one for the grown-ups who want to share and learn.....and one for those who don't have a life and want to bitch, moan & whine about everything and everyone around them.

It would be nice if the kiddies could play quietly on their own.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wasn't that the original idea behind the two houses of congress??

Posts: 692 | Location: Fairfax County Virginia | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
SO what is worse, whining, or whining about whining [Razz]

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
DB Bill,

That is exactly why we have the Political Forum.

Many of us use it for amusement purposes, and a few tend to take it far too srious.

Posts: 68676 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed: unfortunately, at times, there seems to be a glut of non-hunting/ shooting related crap on the boards. i imagine the screening process is a real chore, but it sure would be nice to get this junk moved to the political forum or where ever else it belongs. personally, i think these boards are great. they contain the usual amount of pure bull crap that consists mostly of simple exaggeration which is easily spotted. just every once in a while something really nonsensical crops up. keep pluggin away.

Posts: 466 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 20 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't think that any post or thread should be deleted unless the content would give rise to either criminal or civil liability. Some of the posts in the thread about Swamp's employment fell into that category. We cannot expect Saeed and Mr. Greenbaum to be on the receiving end of a lawsuit or even criminal prosecution as a result of someone else's amusement.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
<Big Stick>
posted
It amazes me,that some can become incensed over text illuminated on a monitor.

If you don't like something,change the fucking channel. Life's tough,wear a helmet.............

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dempsey:
"SO what is worse, whining, or whining about whining [Razz]

"

Uhhh OK [Confused]

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of triggerguard1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Stick:
It amazes me,that some can become incensed over text illuminated on a monitor.

If you don't like something,change the fucking channel. Life's tough,wear a helmet.............

My sentiments exactly Big Stick.

Who cares where this is at [Confused] If you're not smart enough to click on the link that has information you are interested in, you're wasting precious air the rest of us need.

I mean honestly, how many times has someone clicked on a link that they thought had something to do with gunsmithing, only to discover that it was about swamp, ha, or any other damn topic and said, "dammit this was supposed to be about chambering a barrel, and now their talking about goat fornication".

Come on people...That's why these damn threads have topics at the top of them. It's not like it's a friggin grab bag. You know what you're clicking on when you do.

Okay, I've officially stepped off the soap box. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1021 | Location: Prineville, OR 97754 | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
did someone say goat rope?

Can we try SHEEP next?

jeffe the scotsman

Posts: 39604 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
Bartsche

Interpretations are a extra fifty cents and I think it would get expensive in your case.

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bartsche

"Interpretations are a extra fifty cents and I think it would get expensive in your case."

Ughhh Ughh Ugh - OK. Thanks 4 the response I have to finish crowning this barrel.

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
Your welcome [Roll Eyes]

<tasunkawitko>
posted
quote:
Bartsche

Interpretations are a extra fifty cents and I think it would get expensive in your case.

i don't usually use this smilie, but>>>> [Big Grin]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Censorship? Naw.

Just stay on topic.

Last time I checked this be a gunschmidting forum.

Take the bashing and political junk to the political forum.

Myself being of sound redneck descent, from the gator and hog infested areas of Georgia, with a few sharks and carpetbaggers thrown in to even things out, I have learned a few things that were pounded in my head with a 12 pound sledge:

"Everybody can't have everything, there ain't enough to go around".

And my favorite, from my friend and loyal companion back when I lived in Coastal Georgia. His name was Pogo:

"Sir, we have found the enemy and he is us!"

Now, cheers gents, lets get back to discussing the building of rifles!!!

[ 10-22-2003, 19:17: Message edited by: John Ricks ]

Posts: 1055 | Location: Real Sasquatch Country!!! I Seen 'Em! | Registered: 16 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There is a lot of difference between censorship and cutting off some blabber-mouthed loonies that are wasting forum space with a name calling contest.

Posts: 2037 | Location: frametown west virginia usa | Registered: 14 October 2001Reply With Quote