New
Find
Notify
Tools

New California gun law!!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I was just made aware of this and wanted to pass it along.
http://benchrest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53219
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Glad I'm not a gun collector living in CA.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
I got my CADOJ Package 2 weeks ago. If you are an FFL, no matter what state you live in, you must first to get a letter of permission from Californias Department of Justice "ANYTIME" and "EVERYTIME" you ship a firearm to an FFL in California. EVERYTIME, EVERY SHIPMENT! When are the guy's on the left coast going to rally and kick these morons out! The good news is, if there is any, is that you can get a letter of permission, that must accompany each shipment, 24/7 over the internet once you sign up into their system.

My non FFL customers in California can still ship to me for repairs just as before without needing Californias blessings. It only pertains to transactions between FFL holders.

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good Gawd! I am going to stop watching Schwarzenegger movies in protest.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The bastards always start this shit here and then it starts to spread. I hope all the rest of you out there won't be having to put up with the same shit someday.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well I really wish it were as easy as voting the scoundrels out !. However it's NOT !.

As the vast majority of you shall soon see , your vote counts for NOTHING !.

Calif. has major gang banger problems , coupled with lack of prison space availability . Now pile on ( You Guess the numbers ) illegal immigrants , astronomically escalating State budget short fall compounding daily !.

Yet all the while the so called powers to be , want legal law abiding citizens unarmed !.

That's working so well in Mexico !. Eeker Police Chiefs are being buried faster than they can be sworn in !. ( That's not a joke !! ).

Drug cartels , slave traders, murders , rapist , child molesters and criminals of every sort have been flowing from almost every country into the USA for years .
Why should we be having problems ?.

Some Ukrainian or slovic cartel , set up sophisticated ATM covers to slip over real ATM'S , in order to grab account numbers as well as pin numbers .

USA is EASY PICKINGS !. We allow the ACLU to defend anyone other than legal U S citizens rights !.

Did any of you catch my post on Bill AB 2062 ?.

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/07-08/bill/asm/ab_2051-21...0219_introduced.html

You can read it for yourselves . In a nut shell it's designed to limit firearm owners to #50 rounds of ammo per month , with an extra $3.00 tacked on for the states coffers !. Oh yea and you'll need to purchase an AMMO LICENSE !.

Components ( Yep Reloading components ) wouldn't be allowed to be shipped into Calif. !.

Wake up and smell the New World Democratic Order . It smells like a ripe rice patty without Air to me !.

Lez & Fags are being married today with a marriage license as I type !. Yet don't worry about your insurance premiums or medical cost going up !!!.

The slickest part of all ( We the people ) have NO SAY SO OR VOTE IN THESE MATTERS AT ALL !.

Democratic democracy at it's best Eh !!.

Shoot Straight Know Your Target . ... salute

Posts: 1738 | Location: Southern Calif. | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All that "hope" and "change" above is exactly what Oblather is spewing. I am forever flabbergasted when I see the braindead throngs following and cheering every empty word this clown. Could any of them even answer the simple question "What has he done?"

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The letter states that it bans the FFL from shipping to an FFL in CA unless the FFL intending to deliver,sell or transfer obtains the verification number. So the CA FFL who is the one intending to do the transer, will obtain the number but from the letter, I would want a copy to protect myself before I mail to him. When I ship to an FFL, I will have a copy of his license before I ship. But I am not the one who will be obtaining the verification number, that number is for the person who will be the end user of the firearm and that number is obtained by the FFL in CA. Normally a seller from another state does not even need an FFL to send the firearm to the receiving FFL. I think that the dumb shits in the CA legislation just assumed that was the case.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I checked with an FFL friend in CA and worked it out. Or rather he did. The law was targeting FFL's who were buying rifles for themselves and bypassing a few of CA other dumb laws. Anyway when you do send a firearm to an FFL you are transferring it to him and you do have to go through all of this.

Chic Worthing

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Customstox:
I checked with an FFL friend in CA and worked it out. Or rather he did. The law was targeting FFL's who were buying rifles for themselves and bypassing a few of CA other dumb laws.

What??? FFL's buying rifles for themselves??? Why that's unheard of! I say "skin the rotten bastards"! Big Grin

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good idea Malm. I only know of one in CA who is doing that and he has the world's supply of Springfields cornered. Now why would he even mess with them when he can have all the CRF mausers to play with. (I can see the keyboard humming now)

Chic Worthing

one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
quote:
Good idea Malm. I only know of one in CA who is doing that and he has the world's supply of Springfields cornered. Now why would he even mess with them when he can have all the CRF mausers to play with. (I can see the keyboard humming now)

Worse yet, them dang old Rem 700's. We ALL know they can't be relied upon to feed. And no self respecting sniper would ever risk his life using one. Or would he? Big Grin

Did I mention how good it feels to have escaped from CA?

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4861 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
California is turning into the largest political shithole in the country. I've been here close to 60 years and it's sad to see.

One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
I really used to look forward to my annual scuba diving trips to California, but not after this shit! Noooooo sir! Well, that and the price of gas. Big Grin

one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
It will only get worse.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2939 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not to worry Boyz...tides ebb and flow...the Tsunami is coming....

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Out of state FFLs who are shipping into California can register on and then log onto the secure server at the CA Department of Justice's website.

They can then verify the current status of the the FFL that they are shipping to and receive the authorization number right then.

Just another way for the Commiefornia government to make things difficult for us.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12607 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The letter states that it bans the FFL from shipping to an FFL in CA unless the FFL intending to deliver,sell or transfer obtains the verification number. So the CA FFL who is the one intending to do the transer, will obtain the number So the CA FFL who is the one intending to do the transer, will obtain the number but from the letter, I would want a copy to protect myself before I mail to him. When I ship to an FFL, I will have a copy of his license before I ship. But I am not the one who will be obtaining the verification number When I ship to an FFL, I will have a copy of his license before I ship. But I am not the one who will be obtaining the verification number, that number is for the person who will be the end user of the firearm and that number is obtained by the FFL in CA. Normally a seller from another state does not even need an FFL to send the firearm to the receiving FFL. I think that the dumb shits in the CA legislation just assumed that was the case.

Nope. From CA DOJs website:

quote:
# Who obtains the Firearms Shipment Approval letters, the shipper or the receiver of the firearm?

The FFL shipping the firearm must obtain a Firearms Shipment Approval letter from CADOJ Bureau of Firearms. The shipment cannot be legally shipped without a verification approval number. The California FFL who receives the firearm must be on the Centralized List and must keep the Firearms Shipment Approval letter on file for three (3) years.

Good Ol' Moonbeam at his finest.

One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchlambert:
Butch

Everyone engaged in buying, selling, and supplying firearms, ammunition, parts, equipment and components should immediately stop doing any and all business with any entity located in SchwartzReich!

(Since this is an attempt to regulate legitimate businesses outside the state, and imposes onerous burdens on interstate transfers beyond those required by federal law, it is probably an unconstitutional infringement on interstate commerce. This is one of the arguments that could be raised in opposition to this fool law....

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
California is turning into the largest political shithole in the country

I need to correct your statement to read: California IS the largest shithole in the country.

Posts: 1118 | Location: Left Coast | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As far as CACA fornia goes the worse the better.
When they finally get fed up with the stupidity they will change it. First they have to reach the threshold of pain.

Posts: 9207 | Registered: 22 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by El Deguello:
quote:
Originally posted by butchlambert:
Butch

Everyone engaged in buying, selling, and supplying firearms, ammunition, parts, equipment and components should immediately stop doing any and all business with any entity located in SchwartzReich!

(Since this is an attempt to regulate legitimate businesses outside the state, and imposes onerous burdens on interstate transfers beyond those required by federal law, it is probably an unconstitutional infringement on interstate commerce. This is one of the arguments that could be raised in opposition to this fool law....

Yep, give the politicians in California exactly what they want, that will teach them!

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12607 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CAS II:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Customstox:
The letter states that it bans the FFL from shipping to an FFL in CA unless the FFL intending to deliver,sell or transfer obtains the verification number. So the CA FFL who is the one intending to do the transer, will obtain the number So the CA FFL who is the one intending to do the transer, will obtain the number but from the letter, I would want a copy to protect myself before I mail to him. When I ship to an FFL, I will have a copy of his license before I ship. But I am not the one who will be obtaining the verification number When I ship to an FFL, I will have a copy of his license before I ship. But I am not the one who will be obtaining the verification number, that number is for the person who will be the end user of the firearm and that number is obtained by the FFL in CA. Normally a seller from another state does not even need an FFL to send the firearm to the receiving FFL. I think that the dumb shits in the CA legislation just assumed that was the case.

Nope. From CA DOJs website:

quote:
# Who obtains the Firearms Shipment Approval letters, the shipper or the receiver...

You jumped right over his second post which he corrected himself.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I say we need every single FFL holder to do 100's of transfers on the States Secure web site and BLOW THE CIRCUITS !.

Your absolutely Right Frank , it's what their hoping for !.

I've known a few gunsmiths Gun Shop Owners and the like over several years , can't recall a single one who said he had a known criminal walk in and buy anything .

One did have a criminal stuck in a Airshaft that the cops took into custody , he was attempting to take advantage of the midnight special sale !. Big Grin

When do politicians wake up ?. Are they really that Deaf Dumb and Blind ?. As to not recognize the real problem , CRIMINALS STEAL !.

There for punish CRIMINALS as they are the Drain on Society's coffers !.

Yet lawyers make money off them through our pockets !.

So it's no surprise as to why the largest money contributing lobbyist , The Trail Lawyers Association is in the DNC'S pocket !.

It becomes perfectly clear by following the money !. Who is really benefiting from all the nonsense !!!.

Ever notice how " Quickly " people stop working once they learn no ones paying them !.

Perhaps a lesson is to be learned , don't pay politicians and they'll quit seeking office !.

Posts: 1738 | Location: Southern Calif. | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll have to chime in on this one. I'll agree with the claims of lunacy, liberalism, or whatever run amok. But I think a lot are missing the really sticky part.
California has just legislated rules affecting certain legal commerce in every other state. I don't understand how this can work. Will the next thing (and it isn't a very big jump) be that we can be prosecuted for doing something that is unlawful in California? If I shoot a hog with a lead-core bullet in Texas, couldn't I be prosecuted under California law? It really isn't that much of a stretch. I just do not see how California can enact laws governing citizens in other states when the feds have already given aproval under current statutes.
Please show me the error of my thinking.

It's the little things that matter.

Posts: 353 | Location: East Texas | Registered: 22 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
Just to add my two cents, years ago, California passed a law that anyone retiring in California, their retirement check would ne taxable even if they moved from the state. My friend, a Navy retiree, went to Marine Corp Air Station, Yuma, AZ to retire so he could beat this. Later, the US Supreme Court shot them down. I think California will try anything to tax/restrict anyone and everyone than can at anytime. If they don't get called on it by some group of right thinking citizens, it's just another nail in the rights of free men's coffin and they think nothing of it. We can beat all of this, vote for Obama, he will bring "change".
Sorry, I know this would be better on the Political Forum but, I couldn't help myself. I used to live in California and will tell anyone who will listen that it was/is the most beautiful place I ever lived and wouldn't go back there until the right thinking citizens of California rise up in arms and get rid of every last idiot politician thaey have, Democart or "Republican" as in the case of Schwarzenegger (? Sp).

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bug:
I'll have to chime in on this one. I'll agree with the claims of lunacy, liberalism, or whatever run amok. But I think a lot are missing the really sticky part.
California has just legislated rules affecting certain legal commerce in every other state. I don't understand how this can work. Will the next thing (and it isn't a very big jump) be that we can be prosecuted for doing something that is unlawful in California? If I shoot a hog with a lead-core bullet in Texas, couldn't I be prosecuted under California law? It really isn't that much of a stretch. I just do not see how California can enact laws governing citizens in other states when the feds have already given aproval under current statutes.
Please show me the error of my thinking.

I have to agree. In my humble and incomplete knowledge of the law, No state may enact or enforce laws that affect interstate commerce. This was originally part of the constitution to keep states from charging a tariff at state borders. I would be surprised if this stuck. But I am not surprised they're trying Frowner

Collins
Airgunner / 458 SOCOMer/ 45-70er / 458 Lotter

www.actionairgun.com LIVE NOW

Posts: 2327 | Location: The Sunny South! St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 29 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CaneCorso
posted Hide Post
I have been making calls and sending letters to the gov reps to no avail.

Guess what? More is coming....AB2062 is in the state senate.

All I need is to find a job out of state......

~~~

Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
1 Corinthians 16:13

Posts: 622 | Location: CA, USA | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just wondering when you Kalifornicators are really gonna "get a pair" & throw them thar rat bastrds out of office.
Bear in Fairbanks

Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

I never thought that I'd live to see a President worse than Jimmy Carter. Well, I have.

Gun control means using two hands.

Posts: 1544 | Location: Fairbanks, Ak., USA | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bear in Fairbanks,

You've got to be kidding. Left-wing politicians are only getting more bold in California. I live in San Mateo County which is about the most liberal county. Everytime I vote, I know that just about everything I voted for will be rejected. Everything I vote against will pass.

My only alternative is to move out of state. And that involves leaving life-long friends and the majority of my family behind.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bear in Fairbanks ;

Haven't you satellite TV or News up your way ?.

Where would we find enough pairs ? , with all the same sex marriages , and those Liberal Bitches who want to cut off any that aren't already missing !. There isn't enough Balls left in Kommyfornia to make a sports team !.

All I can say is , THE REST OF YOU WATCH OUT !.

Because once they get a foot inside the door , they start removing the hinges !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Texas ! , Houston is ripe with those " Other folks " ya'll be real careful now hear !.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by duckboat:
Bear in Fairbanks,

You've got to be kidding. Left-wing politicians are only getting more bold in California. I live in San Mateo County which is about the most liberal county. Everytime I vote, I know that just about everything I voted for will be rejected. Everything I vote against will pass.

My only alternative is to move out of state. And that involves leaving life-long friends and the majority of my family behind.

I know exactly how you feel, I'm pretty much in the same boat up here. There are plenty of conservatives up here, but not enough. The one and only conservative County Supervisor we had up here was recently killed in a car crash. He was up for re election and no doubt would have won. Lefties were running against him. I'm afraid one of them will wind up filling the vacancy.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Retired from the Navy after 20, got a great job here, thought things were going well. As soon as my Daughter gets out of High School I am out of this insane state. Take all of then people out of California and what is left, the fruits and nuts. LOL