New
Find
Notify
Tools

Options / sources for stock crossbolts?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I know about the threaded rod epoxied into a tapped hole and capped. That is always an option.

Brownells has the Talleys, they look nice.

I have used in the past and really like Winchester Stock Crossbolts. GPC only lists the female part available, not both. Does anyone know who might have some Winchester crossbolts as used on the Safari? Does anyone have a set of they would part with?

Other options?

Posts: 523 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Buy two of the female parts, shorten as needed and bridge with a cutoff cap screw piece.

dave

Posts: 1104 | Location: Eastern Oregon | Registered: 02 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 658 | Location: W.Va | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I bought a set from Numrich last year but I don't see them listed anymore.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12595 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
a guy used to sell them on ebay a few years ago.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by viperidae:
I know about the threaded rod epoxied into a tapped hole and capped. That is always an option.

Brownells has the Talleys, they look nice.

I have used in the past and really like Winchester Stock Crossbolts. GPC only lists the female part available, not both. Does anyone know who might have some Winchester crossbolts as used on the Safari? Does anyone have a set of they would part with?

Other options?

I called Winchester and they arrived 6 days later.

Posts: 1575 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
I use 1/4-20 set screws, capped with ebony plugs.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2939 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote