THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    internet FAL incremental work up and blow up story

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

internet FAL incremental work up and blow up story
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
link to FAL blow up story and pictures

As incrmental overload work ups go.....

That FAL owner getting a primer fall out at 32 gr.WC820 [AA#9, RAMSHOT ENFORCER, = magnum pistol powder], and in the next shot going to 44 gr., took a big step.

I would have been feeling some fear about going just one grain higher than 32 gr.

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
I gotta say,

what an IDIOT

from 30 to 32gr is a HUGE 6.667% jump on pistol powder... and then going to 44 (am certain he MEANT to go to 34) that's a darn near FIFTY PERCENT jump...

and a blown primer at 32? what a maroon

just read the website.. the 44gr was the intial load on the fnfal... the 30 and 32 where taken AFTER he blew up his fal, and decided to try much less powderin a bolt gun....

and he's going to repair and shoot the fn....

double maroon

jeffe

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I'll give him a 1/2 Lb of Bullseye I have laying around and maybe he'll finish the job this time. (There's no Dumb Ass icon to post here.)

Posts: 12711 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"I used the wrong powder..." Well no shit Sherlock!!! And no clue something was wrong when the FN let loose? What a moron. Somebody nominate the idiot for a Darwin Award, and I'll second the motion.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Oops!! I have blown a few primers in the old FAL before. They are brick crap houses that is for sure. Never grenaded a case though. I must hand over my "king of morons" crown to this guy!

My FAL really did not like 43 grains of IMR3031 behind a 147 Winchester FMJ. I got the same results as his 32 grain load. Had the kick the rifle open, so it did give me ample notice that something was wrong. Fired off 3 of those one in a Remington case, one in a Winchester case, and the best (or worse) in a Federal case. Case head expansions ran between 0.009" and 0.012". Still measured in inches though, unlike this guys (which is probably measureable in feet if not yards).

ASS_CLOWN

Posts: 1673 | Location: MANY DIFFERENT PLACES | Registered: 14 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
clearly a gene in need of chlorine.

Posts: 787 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 15 January 2002Reply With Quote
<KBGuns>
posted
Quote:

Darwin Award

You have to die or atleast efectively remove you ability to reporduce to win this award. This guy sounds like he is alive and still able to multiply.

Kristofer

one of us
posted Hide Post
"This guy sounds like he is alive and still able to multiply."

Not for long, I'll bet.

Posts: 4739 | Location: London England | Registered: 11 May 2003Reply With Quote