Notify
Tools

Re: SCI San Diego Rifle
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
Chic,

This is a true work of art!

Just what a classic hunting rifle should be like.

Posts: 68798 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just sent these photos to Jim Dodd. Doubt he is still up. Thought you all might like to see them. I picked the metalwork up from Roger on Friday. Will have it all rust blued by Wednesday and on the plane with me on Saturday morning.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Chic,
You are an evil man. How will I ever be able to contemplate retirement, sending the kids to college, buying groceries, etc. when you keep demonstrating such wonderful talent. Beautiful.

Jeff

Posts: 784 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 18 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very nice looking rifle -- nice figure in the stock.

Hey, did you get the MO? I sent you e-mail a while back about it -- I was concerned when you didn't have it way back, it had already been several days since I sent it then.

Todd

Posts: 1248 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 14 April 2001Reply With Quote
<Guest>
posted
Roger

Okay, say I wanted one just exactly like it. What would my bill be?

Blue

one of us
Picture of Scrollcutter
posted Hide Post
Wow Chic! Very nice work and I really like that wood. This is the first time I have seen the stock for the San Diego rifle.

Hey Guys, looking at the photos tells you nothing of the liveliness of Chics rifles. Chic brought the Ottmar rifle over on Friday. It is very sleek and svelte. Well balanced and quick handling.

Do what you can to get your hands on one of these rifles. You will appreciate it.

PS Chic you need serious help with your engraving photography.

Posts: 1634 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
<Guest>
posted
I wonder if I might ask a couple of questions.

Since this is a .338 on an 09 action, I am wondering if the action was re heat treated, or was it left as it came from the factory.

How many times, on average, do you take the receiver and barrel in and out to fully inlet on a stock like this.

was the rifle shot. if so, how well did it do.

Blue

one of us
Picture of Scrollcutter
posted Hide Post
HAW; HAW; HAW.

That's a horse laugh.

Posts: 1634 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Chic, words just can not describe the work that has gone into this rifle. The results leave one speechless. The wood is first rate.

Roger, I have to agree with this part:: PS Chic you need serious help with your engraving photography.

Posts: 1605 | Location: Wa. State | Registered: 19 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Roger, I am going to take some more this morning for you. I will call. The lighting sucked when I took them, or I did, lol.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Roger and Chic, the wifey would like to talk to both of you guys

I have already made contact with Mark about my barrel and am looking real hard for the action and things are a bit tense around the homested and I have you two to blame for all of this...........

Posts: 1605 | Location: Wa. State | Registered: 19 November 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Snappy work, Chic! It looks great and congrats to all involved.

Best to you.

Posts: 20 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 17 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted Hide Post
Chic,

Beautiful work. Looks fantastic my friend.

Posts: 1268 | Location: Newell, SD, USA | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chic,
Very, very, very beautiful! I'll have to say I sure will envy the poor SOB that will someday (hpoefully) have to hunt with that ugly thing!

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
Chic

What a treat, that is how a real rifle shall look

Cheers

/ JOHAN

one of us
posted Hide Post
I like that stock a lot. I like every part of it.

Thanks for posting the pics.

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
Chic,

You were correct, I was in bed and didn't see the photos until this morning. The rifle though looks wonderful. This was the first photo I have seen of the finished stock, and it is a real beauty.

Thanks again to you and Roger and the other gunsmiths who contributed to the metal work.

jim

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote