Find
Notify
Tools

OT: visit to Dallas next week
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Rusty Marlin
posted
I know this off topic but this is were I hang out mostly.
I'll be in Dallas next week for training; Plano acctually. For those that live there are there any MUST hit resturants and/or Honk Tonks.
My wife is comming too and the kids are staying with my folks...WOOOHOOOO party time!

Rusty's Action Works
Montross VA.
Action work for Cowboy Shooters &
Manufacturer of Stylized Rigby rifle sights. http://i61.photobucket.com/alb.../th_isofrontleft.jpg

Posts: 863 | Location: Northern Neck Va | Registered: 14 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rusty

For the Metroplex try Cowboys near the Rangers Stadium. It is pretty big with a mechanical bull that is entertaining to watch the ladies ride. Good bands there too.

For Fort Worth the Stockyards on Northside is loaded with Cowboy night clubs including Billy Bobs. You can walk from place to place safely.

There are so many good Restaurants in the area it is hard to recomend. For Mexican, any of the Tia's, El Fenix(quite, refined), Don Jose(a little loud but good food). In Northside try Jimenez.

Craftsman

Posts: 1540 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 11 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty Marlin
posted Hide Post
Thanks Craftsman.

Anybody live close enough to meet me for a beer somewhere?

Rusty's Action Works
Montross VA.
Manufacturer of Stylized Rigby rifle sights. http://i61.photobucket.com/alb.../th_isofrontleft.jpg

Posts: 863 | Location: Northern Neck Va | Registered: 14 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm in Plano. PM me and I'll buy ya a beer.

Libertatis Aequilibritas

Posts: 570 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
I work in Richardson, just south of Plano on Highway 75 (Central Expressway). If you are in the part of Plano north of me I can make some restaurant recommendations, although Billyhilly66 may be a better source. I do not know too much about the area of Plano to the west around the tollway.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe we could all get together after work one evening in the area. There's a popular joint called Love&War in Texas on Plano Pkwy.&75 Not quite a honky tonk but they've got good food and lots of beer.

Libertatis Aequilibritas

Posts: 570 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty Marlin
posted Hide Post
Sounds great to me. Cool

Rusty's Action Works
Montross VA.