New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who Bought CP Donnelly's equipment?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
One of the last times I visited CP he said that a fellow from Arizona purchased his barrelmaking equipment. Then he passed away from cancer and I didn't get the chance to follow-up on who bought it or who was using it to make barrels. Does anyone know who is making barrels with the equipment purchased from CP Donnelly, who purchased it from PO Ackley?

Posts: 1421 | Location: WA St, USA | Registered: 28 August 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You might ask Dan Pedersen. I don't know if he owns that equipment, but I bet he knows who does own it.

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3292 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I called CP in the weeks just prior to his passing. I did not know he was sick. His wife told me the equipment was sold and transferred to Arizona. She gave me a number but it was years ago now and long lost. If I recall correctly, CP had taken over most of PO Ackley's equipment. I may be wrong on that point.

I have 2 of CP's barrels and both are good shooters. He installed both.

Posts: 55 | Location: TN | Registered: 20 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slowmover12:
I called CP in the weeks just prior to his passing. I did not know he was sick. His wife told me the equipment was sold and transferred to Arizona. She gave me a number but it was years ago now and long lost. If I recall correctly, CP had taken over most of PO Ackley's equipment. I may be wrong on that point.

I have 2 of CP's barrels and both are good shooters. He installed both.

Dan Pedersen is in Prescott, AZ. Perhaps he now has that equipment.

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3292 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How long ago was it sold?
Dave Van Horn has barrel making equipment that I believe was previously owned by Apex Barrels out of Flagstaff, Az.
Dave has told me the barrel straightening vice was from P O Ackley.

M

Posts: 1244 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As I recall CP died just before Christmas 2009 and he had sold his equipment a year or two prior to that. So the initial sale would have been about 2007. sounds like that might fit the time. I checked the Pedersen site and it indicates the barrels have cut rifling. CP's equipment was button rifling.

Posts: 1421 | Location: WA St, USA | Registered: 28 August 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Van Horn has had his equipment for 15-20 years and it is for button rifling.
Dan Pederson is cut rifle but I bought a barrel from him about 2006.

Mark

Posts: 1244 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote