Find
Notify
Tools

Need Mauser Bolt HELP!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I think I did a bad

So I've got the bolt out of a military Mauser. The safety is all the way to the left. However, I think I was fiddling with it in my hands and did something, and now the firing pin is sticking out, the safety seems locked over to the left, the cocking piece seems turned a 1/4 turn to the right, and I cant get it apart to get the cocking piece turned back down so it will go back in the gun.

Does anyone have a clue what I just said, and how I could fix it? Surely I'm not screwed....

Posts: 510 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: 27 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You've un-cocked the bolt.

This site may help
Dis-assembly and Assembly of the Mauser bolt

Posts: 408 | Location: Sechelt, B.C., Canada | Registered: 11 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
CQ,

It happens.

Take the bolt to a corner of a workbench or other hard surface you wouldn't mind accidentally scratching. (not the wife's dining room table)

Catch the cocking piece on the bench and press to compress the firing pin spring, press hard enough for the cocking piece to move out of the grove it has become trapped in and rotate the bolt body (while holding the cocking piece and shroud) until the cocking piece rests out of the notch.

I hope this all made sense.

Dan

Posts: 179 | Location: Murfreesboro, TN | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yup.

Got it now. Thanks!

Also just installed a Bold Trigger and that is working out well too.

Posts: 510 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: 27 August 2002Reply With Quote