Find
Notify
Tools

Another project.........
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted
Few pics of a .264 Win mag Im building for a customer. Its pretty plain but that is exactly what he wanted. Good stick of English from Preslik's.

Posts: 1268 | Location: Newell, SD, USA | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The wrist looks a little clubby but that could be from the angle of the pictures.

Its got great grain flow through the wrist area though.

How heavy?

-Spencer

one of us
posted Hide Post
Bill, can you tell us what all you have done to it to date?

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill, the wrist looks just fine to me. Like the looks of it from one end to the other.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Stock appears to be very shallow from top to bottom in the butt, is this an optical illusion or is this a small man?

Nice stick of wood. What did the Turks charge you for it, I can see why somethings they have are priced high and some I can't.

You do nice work! thumb

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tonto
posted Hide Post
I like it. I think your bench might be as messy as mine! I feel much better after seeing that.
Dean

Posts: 1057 | Location: adirondacks,NY ,USA | Registered: 30 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted Hide Post
Hmmm....what I have done to it. Well lets see here...I didnt buy the blank - the customer did so I have no idea what it cost.

The barreled action is original. Pre-64 Model 70 in .264 Win Mag. I cut this one from the blank. It has a two screw cap, .5 inch recoil pad, and standard sling swivels. The L.O.P is 13 1/2. I guess thats about all I've done so far. Im still refining it. Its only sanded to 100 grit at the moment. I need to refine it just a bit more before I sand and further.

Posts: 1268 | Location: Newell, SD, USA | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks very good..........aint nothing wrong with the wrist.

Damn fine shadow line too.

Billy,

High in the shoulder

(we band of bubbas)

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Bill FWTW I too like that wrist. Just right to me. I've found that guys with fat & or large hands & stubby short fat fingers prefer skinny wrist & guys with average hands like the wrist a bit larger. I really like the grain layout also.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bill, very nice. Please post some more pics when you get it all done. I personally like a little more "pistol" in my grips, but don't see anything wrong with what you've done there. Is that blank a little "better" on the cheek side, figurewise, or just the pics? Can't wait to see the finished product. Thanks, Bill...

MKane160

You can always make more money, you can never make more time...........LLYWD. Have you signed your donor card yet?

Posts: 488 | Location: TN | Registered: 03 January 2004Reply With Quote