New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quick Seal ?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
The Pac-Nor rifle barrel people were telling me about Quick Seal (may be spelling it wrong).

Quick Seal is an industrial product bought in five gallon buckets. Chrome-moly barrel steel kept in inventory is dipped into Quick Seal to protect against rust. They tell me that in the Oregon coastline climate that barrels have been stored with Quick Seal and shown no rust in over a year.

Ya'll got any experience with this ?

Hammer

Posts: 1003 | Registered: 01 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hammer, have not heard of this specific product, but a friend works on expensive oil industry pumps, and they often replace impellars that have been on the shelf for years and years. They used to use cosmoline, but now a new product similar to what you descrbed is what they use--stays on well, but comes off a lot easier than cosmoline.

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dulite Corp., that sells blueing salt, also sells a produce that you describe that can use after a firearm has been blued

Posts: 369 | Location: lee' summit missouri | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use Dulite's Quick Seal after bluing. It's about the consistency of WD40. It's runny, drippy and it's tough to wash off if it gets on your hands. It water displacing to the nth degree. It may make a great rust preventitive in an industrial enviroment, but I don't think you'd care much for it dripping all over your wood stocks, gun safe, etc. I'd stick to RIG.

Mark Pursell

Posts: 544 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: 21 January 2003Reply With Quote