New
Find
Notify
Tools

MAGAZINES FOR 458 WIN
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
does anyone know of or have experience with any AIC type magazines that will hold and feed the 458 win?
Any idea if a 300 win mag would work.?

If you own a gun and you are not a member of the NRA and other pro 2nd amendment organizations then YOU are part of the problem.

Posts: 1229 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 12 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A lot of views, but no answers. Would it be feasible to buy one, try it out, and if it doesn't work return it? I don't know if you have a gun you are trying to use it on, or thinking of obtaining/building one, but either way you will have to acquire a magazine. Just a thought.

Posts: 1658 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
Don't know why it wouldn't. The magazine for my Mauser M03 is universal for 7 Mag, 300 WM, 338 WM, 375 HH, 416 RM, and 404 J. I'm sure a 458 would fit fine in there as well. So all you need to find is bottom metal that accepts the AIC magazines that will mate to your rifle.

Rem 700 bottoms for AICS are easy to find. Here's a Mauser 98 from PTG. https://pacifictoolandgauge.co...ne-bottom-metal.html

They also make them for WInchester, Remington, etc.

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3061 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote