New
Find
Notify
Tools

What Optivisor lens?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Need help seeing for detail work, and not sure which lens was most usefull.

Or is there something else better?

Many Thanks

HBH

One of Us
posted Hide Post
HBH

They are all good. They make them in different magnifications and focal length because people have different needs. I am over 60, myopic (I see close fine) and prefer to work aobut 8-10 inches from my nose. I use an LX4 or LX5 that focuses at 8-10 inches and magnifies 2x or 2.5x. If I have the correct side light, that works for my old eyes. If I use more magnification or a shorter focal length, it makes me feel like my eyes cross and fatigue. When I was younger, I used one that focused at 14 inches with lower power. If I were doing fine engraving, I might want to add a Loupe or try one with higher power or shorter focal length. They are made by Donegan Optical, I think they have a web site with info.

Roger

Posts: 254 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 20 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
I used to use this.

Now I use this.

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am VERY myopic and use the highest power Optivisor lens, sometimes along with an additional loupe. The medium power lenses are also good, probably are better for someone with normal vision.
Regards, Joe

Posts: 2756 | Location: deep South | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Guys, I ordered a NO: 5.

Anyone use the light Brownells shows that attaches to the side of the Optivisor?

Westpac,

That is an impressive set up! I looked through something like that at the Guild's show in 2007.

Many Thanks

HBH

One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
With the right eye pieces, you would be surprised by the amount of work area you have under a stereo microscope. The zoom feature is perfect for those quick close up's when looking for cracks and flaws. Of course at it's lowest power, the smoothest surfaces look flawed. Big Grin

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow!!! Very Nice. Does that come with an auto darken feature for that dedicated table it is on??? rotflmo

Roger

Posts: 254 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 20 January 2005Reply With Quote