New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unertl scope block spacing??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Purchasing a 1.5" Unertl scope and not quite sure of the spacing for the barrel mounted blocks. I seem to remember that they needed to be 7.2" apart for correct adjustment of elevation and windage?? All feedback appreciated.

Posts: 1328 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 19 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
7.2" is correct; however please bear in mind that Unertl made at least 2 different rear mounts, one has 1/4 MOA clicks while the other has 1/2 MOA clicks. Also Unertl made 2 different clamp designs for the bases, the standard one has a simple crescent moon cutout in the base for the clamping screw head's perimeter to ride in while the other (POSA) requires a deeper cut with full clearance for the screw head, to allow the entire lower split portion of the ring to clamp onto the base.

Unertl optics are unsurpassed, even today. Congratulations and good luck.
Regards, Joe

Posts: 2756 | Location: deep South | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK, thought that was the correct spacing, but it has been quite a few years since using a Unertl. I agree w/ the quality of their scopes
and just recently committed to buying one on this site and do have some dozen or so of the old bases in my "jewel box" and going to fit it up to my old Palma rifle. Should never have sold the one I had in the past, but getting ready to correct that mistake. Thanks for the feedback.

martin

Posts: 1328 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 19 January 2009Reply With Quote