New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question: Howa 1500 mini .222
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a new Howa and it will not chamber any of my reloads or even a factory cartridge. Seems to not allow the neck to chamber even on a resized (no powder or bullet seated) case. Any thoughts?

NRA Benefactor Member
US Navy Veteran

Posts: 1111 | Location: Brownstown, Michigan | Registered: 19 April 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a warranty issue to me. I've seen factory guns with no rifling and wrong chambering for bore. Call it in and get a call tag to return it.

Posts: 3788 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They made some in 204. What is the barrel marked and what are you trying to chamber in it?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Barrel is marked: .222. I tried commercial ammo, my old reloads, and some sized and unsized .222 brass. No go.

NRA Benefactor Member
US Navy Veteran

Posts: 1111 | Location: Brownstown, Michigan | Registered: 19 April 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Is there a stuck broken case in it or part of a case?
Is this a new problem that cropped up or is the rifle new to you?

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rifle is new in the box. I sold it to Mike and never even chambered a round. We are working to resolve the problem.

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member

Posts: 969 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just as I was about to ship the rifle back to Warranty Repairs I bought a new box of .222s. They worked perfectly; some senile old man was trying to load .222 Magnums (who knew?), which are considerably longer. My errors. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks all for trying to help.

(nobody told me that old age would be this difficult)

NRA Benefactor Member
US Navy Veteran