New
Find
Notify
Tools

English walnut drop in for Ruger?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone know where to get an english walnut/ebony fore end drop in stock for a Ruger?
Thanks,
Dan

one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
http://www.accurateinnovations.com/

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dempsey, it appears like all the recoil pads are at 90 degrees to the bore. I do not think it is an optical illusion.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
I never really looked close. It was the only thing I could think off. Would anybody really do that? I can't see a straight on side pic too really tell

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
Looks like a "normal" amount of pitch,no?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No it doesn't. It looks like zero pitch to me. The aluminum bedding block for that price in wood is an interesting idea but I do not like the shape of their stocks. But they have a nice idea going. And very reasonable.

Chic Worthing

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
They don't appeal to me either. Maybe their target stock for a varminter. Maybe somebody has one to measure and will chime in. Do you ever build stocks for varmint rifles? I never see "nice" ones. The style Cooper uses appeals to me.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Another way to get a superb stock would be to buy a Ruger Express. I got this one for $900.

Then switch stocks and sell the Express with your old stock on it. You might get $400 or more for it. To get a custom stock made to the wood and detail quality of what comes on the Express might cost $1500 or more.

Join the NRA

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Chic,

What angle to the bore do you prefer?

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ramrod,
I don't measure it as an angle but it would be better if a person did. For me, I like around 2 1/2" of "pitch". Take the scope off and set the gun on the ground against a vertical wall with the action touching the wall and it is the distance to the barrel. One that is perpendicular would have zero pitch and the toe of the butt would be the only thing touching your chest.

Chic Worthing

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Savage,
I have 2 of the 30-06 express rugers, The 350 is a short action, so it won't fit any of the express rugers stocks. I want to have a 3006, 350 matched set for trip to Namibia.