THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OK I find two Hart barrel companies: PA and NY ?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I found the Hart rifle barrel company in NY, and a RW Hart and sons rifle company in Pa. Are they one and the same? are they totally different? I just bought a secondary market unchambered Hart barrel, and dont know which one it may have come from... any thoughts?

Jamie

Posts: 902 | Location: Denver Colderado | Registered: 13 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Although I think the owners are related the barrel business is not. Hart rifle barrels makes the barrels and R.W. Hart makes actions and has shooting supplies.

Posts: 179 | Location: Boise, ID | Registered: 16 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
RW Hart in PA is not the barrel company. You want to contact the NY company. There are many top notch barrel companies today, shop around, check lead times. You might be surprised.

one of us
posted Hide Post

The two companies are related. They were started by brothers. Clyde Hart was the barrel maker who owned Hart Rifle Barrels in N.Y. Robert Hart was the action maker who lived in Nescopeck, Pa. and owned R.W Hart. That busines became R. W. Hart and Son when his son Wally became involved. More recently grandson Bobby has been running the show. Up at Hart Rifle Barrels, the last I knew, P.J. Haart was the owner, although Jim Sutton had a lot to say about things. Both companies trade some work back and forth. Both companies have websites.R. W. Hart and Son also is as good a source for accuracy reloadding supplies as Sinclair.

knobmtn

Posts: 221 | Location: central Pa. | Registered: 29 November 2002Reply With Quote