New
Find
Notify
Tools

action not ejecting cases
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
The claw on my winchester bolt does not seem to be holding the case rim tight enough needed to toss the spent cartridge out.It will pull it out of the chamber once fired but will not throw it out of the loading area so a new round can be fed.My other two winchesters don't have this problem.How can this be fixed?

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Need a little more info here. I assume it is a CRF and not push feed. Are you sure it is the extractor and not the ejector? Does the round drop off the bolt face and stay in the loading port? Check the action area under the rear bridge for the ejector and make sure it is free. You can check with you finger to make sure it moves up and down.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5507 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Does it eject better when there are rounds down in the mag? If so, your claw may not have enough tension to hold the case head. Having rounds in the mag helps hold the fired case under the claw. Happened to me on my M1999 MRC....

MKane160

You can always make more money, you can never make more time...........LLYWD. Have you signed your donor card yet?

Posts: 488 | Location: TN | Registered: 03 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
thanks for the replies.I checked it more carefully and exchanged bolts from my othe mod 70.It is a crf,and the problem seems to be that the extractor does not firmly hold the case rim.The case head moves around in the bolt face even though the extractor is in the holding position.On another bolt that works properly the claw holds the rim tightly against the bolt face.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote