Jewell HVR for Rem. 700 --

Here's the manual online:

http://www.ada.ru/Guns/remington/Jewell/manual_en.htm

E. Range of Ad|ustment:

HVR (Hunting/Varmint Model) with:
a. Spring A: 8.0 to 56.0 oz.
b. Spring B: 2.0 oz. to 16.0 oz.
c. Spring C: 1.5 oz. to 3.0 oz.
d. Pull above 56 oz. (3 1/2. Ib.) optional.

Note: Settings below those stated Is not recommended.

So, 9 is the location of the trigger tension spring. I expect that swapping out entails removing the philips screw just above 9 and behind the trigger screw, dropping out the stock "A" spring, and replacing it.

Jewell ships the springs -- A in the mechanism, set at 16 oz. B, C, in a small envelope.

The manual discusses setting up the sear engagement, adjusting the trigger tension, but it doesn't discuss changing the trigger tension springs.

Seems like a simple enough procedure. Remove screw 9, drop out the spring, replace.

Am I right?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchlambert:
Yes

Thanks!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think that pretty cool that Jewell supplies different springs with their triggers.. thumb
I don't know of anyone else that does that..

Don

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jewell has a pretty unique design. The sear does not engage against the tension in the bolt.

Not only do they provide three springs -- the ends of the springs are milled flat so that they tension the trigger consistently regardless of how they're sitting.

I got the "A" spring out 8 oz to 56 oz. That's 3.5 lbs.

Put in the "B" spring, 2 oz. to 16 oz. Set the tension at about 6 oz. Adjusted sear engagement and over-travel.

The Jewell is worth every damn dime of it's $230 price.

Bench rest model runs about $185, but has only one tension spring, 1.5 oz to 3 oz. no safety linkage and no bolt release.

If you're shooting anything other than competition bench, you're going to want a heavier trigger, a bolt release, and a safety.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Your going to love that trigger. I have one in a Win. M 70, loved it so much I put one in my AR-15. Not only is it sweet that it comes with the different springs but you don't have to remove the stock to adjust it.

Bobby

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Posts: 92 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: 22 August 2007Reply With Quote