New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger synthetic stocks
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Will the newer 'normal contour' Ruger synthetic stock fit as a direct replacement for the earlier 'boat paddle'? I came across a boat paddle MK.II in .338 that I'd like to have, but that stock reminds me of a one-eyed, evil spirited, hard kicking horse I used to have.

Posts: 5745 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 14 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The new stock will drop right in. It will sound like a drum when you bump it to something with it. I myself much prefer the "Boat Paddle", as it is much quieter and a stronger stock.............

Hang on TITE !!

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
A quick fix for those empty sounding synthetic stocks is to get some of that expanding foam in a can, take off the recoil pad and fill it and fill the voids in the barrel channel as well. Really gave a different feel to my 6.5x55 that came with a ramline stock.
Yes I agree your .338 will drop right in.

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought almost all of my Rugers with the boat paddle stock and stainless actions, so I could replace the stock with a laminate one...

But I have two Hogue Rubber stocks, that are pretty nifty when you are out in really tough conditions and crappy weather...

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i had one of those rugers but i fixed it with a nice piece of walnut Big Grin

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote