New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scope bases and rings
 Login/Join

one of us
posted

I have the old origanal bueler scope bases and rings that were on my 1953 featherwieght . The base screws were all loose when I got the rifle. The scope is a old bushynel and the cross hairs are broke.
Itsa 308 so im thinkin of a 2x7 leupold .

I have allways used leupold std rev. front and rear bases.
I wondered what bases and rings you guys think are cool and work good.
Thought id try something else (for some dumb reason)why do I like the leupold standerd Reverse front and rear bases with leupold low rings? They work good.

Rickdog

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
GSP, I for one have had great results with the Bueler bases and rings. I would stick with them and maybe top it off with one of the Leupold Compacts, should make a nice packing gun.

You probably won't like it so keep me in mind only wimps shoot non-magnums

Posts: 1605 | Location: Wa. State | Registered: 19 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jimmy ... I admit im a big wimp cause im not shootin oneathem big honkin magnums. Thats ok ,I thrashed my self pretty good when I was younger

Yea these buelers are pretty cool . Alittle rusted on the rings, that I cleaned up. I need to run a tap in the reciever holes to clean up crap out of the the threads and get new screws.

This rifle cleaned up nice . Bore looks tits now. I ran some sweets through too , with hardly any blue copper foul coming out.

Ill have to take and post some pictures of the $245 pre 64.
Rick

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't want to see any damn pictures of a 245.00 pre-64

Posts: 1605 | Location: Wa. State | Registered: 19 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Idared
posted Hide Post
I too, love Buehler scope mounts. I use them a lot and have never had problem one with them if they were installed correctly. Besides that I think they are a good looking mount. I have managed to rat-hole away quite a few of them, so I should have plenty for the rest of my life.

Posts: 845 | Location: Central Washington State | Registered: 12 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I wish Beuhler were still with us making mounts. The stuff that came from Talley is shoemaker quality compared to what he made.

The design could be a little better however. The bottom line is that Beuhler mounts work very well and look great. They are the perfect period compliment to a pre 64 M70.

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Buehler is still giong strong, I purchased from them last year. Give Bob Ray a call, mounts, rings, bases available.
1-925-254-3201, same old address 17 Orinda Way, Orinda,Ca.