New
Find
Notify
Tools

33 Nosler Reamer
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone have a 33 Nosler reamer they would part with ? Would like a go gauge as well

Posts: 2442 | Location: manitoba canada | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fred at 4-D reamer rentals has it and the headspace gauge. They are well cared for and a lot cheaper than buying a new one.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5523 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I always take the opposite tack; renting reamers is a losing proposition; consider that renting a reamer will cost you $60 by the time you get it back, and you only get to keep it one week. Buying this one will cost you $140; the more common calibers are less. So your delta cost is $80. But then you own it and it is worth $80; your buddies will want one too, and you can always sell it to other AR guys for 80 dollars. As for gauges, use your ammo for a go gauge. If you want to buy one, get the no go one.
Some guys buy the go and add shims to it. I don't do that. My ammo is the go gauge if I don't have both, which I usually do.

Posts: 17294 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jim & dpcd for your comments. Sent an E-mail to 4D but no answer yet. From info on the website it appears that he expects tools to be back in 17 days from when he ships. My concern is finding the best shipping. I would expect Purolator or Fed Ex would be quickest . Anyone with experience with this ?

Posts: 2442 | Location: manitoba canada | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Not sure to Canada but here Priority Mail is best for this size of package, and the post office gives you the box. $8 plus a couple for insurance.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've had a number of things shipped to Canada from the U.S. Bear in mind, the costs are significantly higher than within the U.S. alone. Add to that, most companies insist on shipping by a less-than-cheapest option, both for security and for their convenience. AND you'll be paying the bill BOTH ways. Weigh up the costs carefully. You must do what works for you, but the math told me it made more sense just to buy outright in my case. Granted, I envisioned the possibility of more than one use, but you can also factor in the potential of reselling, if you decide you no longer need it. Even if you don't turn a slight profit, you can certainly recoup the difference versus renting. And when you sell it, the buyer pays the shipping, instead of you paying to ship it back to the renter. It's your choice, but I just find shipping cross-border inevitably works out more expensive than it seems at first glance.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
P.S.: Just checked my most recent package from the U.S. Approximately the same size item was $27.90 USPS Flat Rate International. That's ONE-WAY, and in U.S. dollars. The return cost would have been less via Canada Post, but not much. It took 8 days from day of shipping until it arrived in my P.O. box. That doesn't really fit his 17-day window, so you should verify that he doesn't have a late fee for international customers, on top of the added shipping costs.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Seems Fred doesnt want any Canadian business

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
As I said, I find it better to buy them, even if you are in the US and being up there makes it even more appealing.