Find
Notify
Tools

help with hogue stock
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of rick boggs
posted
just installed the new full channel overmold on my model 700 the barrel should float but touches on bottom and 1 side at the end of the stock i saw their tech article about turning the lug but that would only work if it was only touching on 1 side . should i remove rubber or shim the action? if i shim wouldnt that make the bedding useless?

Posts: 518 | Location: KENTUCKY | Registered: 05 November 2008Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Sand out the barrel channel. Just find a dowel that is the same diameter as your barrel (if it is smaller just give it a few extra wraps) and wrap some 120 grit paper around it.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rick boggs
posted Hide Post
thanks for the reply was thinking of doing that but wondering how it would effect the rubber dont know how thick it is worried about making it to thin the it start peeling

Posts: 518 | Location: KENTUCKY | Registered: 05 November 2008Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
That is how Hogue suggests it be done too.

I had the same concerns when deciding which barrel profile to order, so I talked to Hogue and got it straight from them to do it this way.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote