THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kudos to Clearwater Re-boring/Delta Gunshop....
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted
Just got a barrel back from these guys. I had them rebore a .22 cal barrel to .45 cal for a new project. I put a bore scope down the barrel last night and I am VERY pleased with what I saw. Nice clean lands groves. No machining marks. Nice work Jim and Alan. thumb

Posts: 1268 | Location: Newell, SD, USA | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gunmaker
posted Hide Post
I looked down Bill's barrel with a borescope. Looks pretty nice. thumb
The outside of the barrel on the other hand needs lots of help! animal

gunmaker
------------------
James Anderson Metalsmith & Stockmaker
WEB SITE

More Pics on FLICKR

Posts: 1852 | Location: Western South Dakota | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted Hide Post
homer yeah....okay.

Posts: 1268 | Location: Newell, SD, USA | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What was their turn around time? I'm thinking of sending them a pre-64 30-06 to become something interesting

Posts: 709 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 16 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted Hide Post
6-8 weeks IIRC. But it might depend on work load.

One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
Jim did such nice work on my Montana action I can say nothing bad about him. I thought the pricing was reasonable too. Also, he is just a nice guy to deal with.

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Great to hear you're happy with the work. He did a guild mauser barrel for me about a year a ago. It's one of those projects that's been strung out forever so it hasn't been shot yet except for the test firing. I'm hoping it looks old but shoots like new. Wink

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Clearwater did a pre-64 30-06 to 9.3 for me, the barrel is one of the easiest-to-get-along-with barrels I've owned, it shot good groups right away, shoots same POI clean or dirty (and doesn;t get very dirty), and shoots different loads and bullets to very close to same POI.

Turnaround was two weeks, but I may have caught them at the right time.