New
Find
Notify
Tools

A question about remington "plastic" stocks
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I haven't kept up on all the different plactic stocks that Remington has offered on their differect models and I'm trying to educate myself.

Some stocks were made by HS precision and have a aluminum bedding block,some are cheap plastic, some are fiberglass, early models,late models with or with out palm swells, Tupperware and the list goes on and on.

The TI stocks seem to be in demand.
Which of the other model stocks are a good replacement and why?
What stocks are not very good and why

Hal

Posts: 164 | Location: Montana | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hal,
I have 4 Mod 7s that came with Brown Precision stocks. I think they are very good and light.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch

Thanks, I didn't know Brown made stock for Remington.

Hal

Posts: 164 | Location: Montana | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The ones that I have came off of a Mod 7FS. I was told they were Kevlar and glass.Introduced in 1987 and discontinued in 1989. They are very light.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did they only come on 7's or also 700's and what years were they Brown's?

CO School of Trades 1976, Gunsmithing

Posts: 126 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 18 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
cutiger,
That is the extent of my knowledge. They came with a pencil 18.5" barrel. The FS came in 243, 7 08, and 308. I don't know if they came on the 700. I believe KS stands for Kevlar Synthetic.
Butch