New
Find
Notify
Tools

Experiences with DuraCoat on stocks?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a BLR that came with DuraCoat on the stock/ forearm, and I like it, a lot. Has anyone tried DuraCoat self-application on their gunstocks? If so, how was the process and how did it turn out? Thanks.

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
As far as I know, dura coat is simply paint. I have used lots of Brownells concoctions, both heat cured and not, with results like advertised. It can't be that hard. Difficult.

Posts: 17275 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi joester,

Yes I have done it with an airbrush. I bought a Ruger #1 Tropical in stainless steel. I has a laminated stock I really did not care for. I bought the DuraCoat product. I tried it on an old stock first. The results were pretty good. I did my #1 next. It turned out great. The color I used was a medium gray. The folks at DuraCoat told me to let it cure 3 weeks to be sure it was cured. I have hunted a lot with that rifle, including cape buffalo in ZambiA. It still looks as good as ever. DuraCoat is tough stuff. I will use it again when the need arises.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote