New
Find
Notify
Tools

Adjusting NECG Peep Sight
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just purchased a Ruger that has a NECG peep sight mounted on the rear base. Couple of questions:
a. found the screw for adjusting the elevation but there doesnt appear to be any way to lock this screw into position or am I missing something?
b. two small allen set screws on the front of the sight on the base. What do these screws lock in? I am thinking they lock in the screws on both sides of the sight that clamp it to the Ruger mounts.
c. how do you adjust this sight for windage?

Thank you for your help.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cazador2
posted Hide Post
Peep Sight for Ruger Rifles

Designed for use with the Ruger #1 and Model 77, the Peep Sight for Ruger Rifles is supplied with two apertures (.093" & .125") and is fully adjustable for windage and elevation. Machined from solid steel, it requires no gunsmithing.

Originally designed for use on the integral scope bases of the #1 and Model 77, this sight has proven itself on other models as well. Since each Ruger seems to shoot differnently we cannot tell you exactly what size front bead is going to work for your rifle with our peep sight. We suggest you first shoot the gun with our peep sight on it to determine whether your original front bead will work or whether a different one is needed. We offer replacement beads for the #1 and Model 77, for all others we suggest you contact your local gunsmith or Brownell's at (800) 741-0015 for further assistance. Owners of the Mini-14 and Mini-30 have reported great success with their original front sights, while some owners or 77/22's have reoported needing higher front beads.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yea, I read that as well at NECG's site but it still doesnt explain how to adjust the sight,lol.

Can anyone help?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Von Gruff
posted Hide Post
Snowwolfe. Reply on Big Bore forum.

von Gruff.

Von Gruff.

http://www.vongruffknives.com/

Gen 12: 1-3

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12

Posts: 2693 | Location: South Otago New Zealand. | Registered: 08 February 2009Reply With Quote