New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leather covered recoil pads
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Kathy Yale in Yellow Jacket, Colo., 970-562-4225 does them for $150 or $175. and does a heck of a job....

Posts: 42149 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by JBelk:
JOHAN---

I never knew saddlemakers worked cheaper than gunmakers.

Seriously, anytime you can get somebody to do skilled work for $15 on hour I hope you tip the poor devil so he won't starve waiting on the next money losing job.

JBelk

The man who did this is a retired saddle maker, I think he is 80+. He does some work when he feel's like it and think is fun.

I guess the skill of covering a recoil pad with leather is much like cover saddle details or wooden saddle frames with leather.

/ JOHAN

One of Us
posted Hide Post
"...looks like old man's balls...." Just what the heck is that, I ain't never even triied to look at an old man's balls, except maybe my own, but my belly makes it hard to see them. I think they are still there. Seriously, Barge cement can be found in the shoemaker shop under the name of "Shoe Goop". According to my guy, it is the same stuff under a different name. I used it and it seems to work OK. As far as leather goes, try Oregon Leather. I bought a whole pigskin for about $35 with shipping. I have been charging only $95 for mine, that is until a few days ago.

Jim

Posts: 5521 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Kobe:
"...looks like old man's balls...." Just what the heck is that, I ain't never even triied to look at an old man's balls, except maybe my own, but my belly makes it hard to see them.
Jim

Jim
Why not use elephant foreskin for covering pads. You just rub it a little cover the pad and fit it before is has shrinked too much. The fit after a while would be very good [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

/ JOHAN

one of us
Picture of Gator1
posted Hide Post
Johan

Elephant Foreskin is a good way to increase the length of pull also. [Wink]

Posts: 2753 | Location: Climbing the Mountains of Liberal BS. | Registered: 31 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nitroman
posted Hide Post
You guys are starting to have a bit too much fun...

Posts: 1844 | Location: Southwest Alaska | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
<JBelk>
posted
If foreskin were used I'd be afraid of the butt pad would turn into a suitcase if you rubbed it just right.

[Smile]