New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: "High-Cap" M700 Remington
 Login/Join

Picture of Zero
posted
Here is a shot of my remington PSS / LTR with the HS Precision 10 round mag installed.

Zero

Posts: 26 | Location: Florida | Registered: 31 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dSmith.45
posted Hide Post
There was an article in Guns & Ammo magazine sometime ago about M14 mag conversions.

go here :

http://www.robarguns.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=5&tabindex=3

on the left side menu inder "Precision Rifles" click "QR2 & QR2-F"

Looks interesting .....

Posts: 359 | Location: 33N36'47", 96W24'48" | Registered: 01 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey D S 45,
Thanks for the link. I have read that Robar stopped doing those conversions, but their QRF rifle has a good reputation. I'll shoot them an e-mail, and see what's up. They use a McMillan version of the Sako varmint stock inlet for a Remington short action. That is a nice stock. Hmmmmm. Hmmmmm.
JCN

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
JCN, you're right that M-14 Mags on a 700 action would be great. I'm a little disappointed with the HS precision mags. They are quite expensive and not equal in quality to the rest of their rifles. IMHO the two best made rifle mags I've ever used are the TRG 22/42 and AI mags.........DJ

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey DJ,
In the end there really isn't a viable alternative to spending some hard earned money, is there? I think the H-S set up is geared more to police than military use. I like the AI set up from the magazine well on back. If the forward part of the stock was a little lighter, and more ergonomic (and the bipod set up had a lower center of gravity), they would have a real winner there. AI really pissed off a lot of people 4-5 years ago when they sold a bunch of rifles to the Palestinians.
JCN

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
I don't know if they are still using the McMillan stocks, but I'd be very surprised if they are not.

When I left that area about 13 years ago, Robar and McMillan were each occupying half of the same building on North 7th Avenue in Phoenix. I assume (but don't know for sure) that they still are. Seems like it'd be quite an effort for them if they wanted to move one or both operations.

Alberta Canuck

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote