New
Find
Notify
Tools

Adjustable sight for Enfield No.4 Mk.I
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
The best Enfield No.4 Mk.I rifle battle sight has a combined fixed aperture plus an elevation only adjustable aperture sight. Enfield No.4 Mk. I target sights I have seen that have windage and elevation adjustments - and fit existing sight base on rifle's receiver with minor machining of that sight base - have no fixed battle aperture.

Is there a procedure or routine gunsmithing that alters the adjustable military sight combo to incorporate at least some windage adjustment?

If there is no way to incorporate any windage adjustment in the best of Enfield No.4 Mk.I rifle sight, is there a third party or after market sight that has both battle aperture and windage adjustable tip-up aperture?

It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson

Posts: 1507 | Location: Seeley Lake | Registered: 21 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes. But the WOMAN who's company manufactured and sold them is dead some ten plus years. Edna parker the daughter of Alfred J Parker.

The sight was an attachment to the standard MkI rifle sight that had had the aperture hole enlarged. It screwed onto the elevating "slider" that had the aperture in it.

It was Parker's 8/53. Slide number 55 on the montage linked to below. They make serious money on eBay! Here you are Napthali, my friend, jut for you:

https://www.slideshare.net/tca...re-on-enfield-sights

So that gave your elevation (from 200 yards to 600 yards) as it in fact kept the original elevation of the No 4 Mk I rearsight. The windage adjustment was on the clamp on sight.

But...in fact it's ALL the wrong way to do it! British practice was to set the CORRECT windage when the rifle was zeroed and then on windy days to aim off.

Posts: 6818 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The nearly perfect sight version I have in mind is slide 55 of 70, showing Parker Hale "Target" conversion of No.4 Mk 1 rear sight. Of course, I have never seen this conversion before. Nor have I seen it for sale or installed. If you are aware of this device - in fact, I'll buy two of them, one being back-up - my interest is off-the-charts high.

It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson

Posts: 1507 | Location: Seeley Lake | Registered: 21 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have seen one PH sight on an Enfield in my life. It was very nice and the guy wanted a fortune for the rifle.

Society of Intolerant Old Men. Rifle Slut Division.

Posts: 1034 | Location: Oklahoma y'all | Registered: 01 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is this what you are looking for http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/park...chforno4enfield.aspx

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1510 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The sarco one fits the Parker hale m-84 or 85
It may also be adapted to the enfield but this is secured by 2 screws from the top like a rear base .

Posts: 227 | Location: South Florida  | Registered: 03 February 2017Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 3584ELK
posted Hide Post
There is also this site, which is for research, not e-commerce:

http://www.rifleman.org.uk/index.html

Merkel 140A- .470NE
Beretta Vittoria- 12 Ga.
J.P. Sauer & Sohn Type B- 9.3x64mm
ArmaLite AR-10A4- 7.62x51mm
Franchi Highlander- 12 Ga.
Marlin 1894 CB Limited- .41 Magnum
Remington 722- .244 Rem.
and many, many more.

An honest man learns to keep his horse saddled.

Posts: 597 | Location: Lake Andes, SD | Registered: 15 April 2004Reply With Quote