Find
Notify
Tools

Unique Shotgun
 Login/Join

Picture of T.Carr
posted
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Right handed but left eye dominant? Check this out (pay close attention to the last two pictures).

Shotgun

Regards,

Terry

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
I know it's heresy. But for God's sake how about closing your left eye!?

I get dizzy just looking at that Rube Goldberg looking hunk of bent wood. I'd go cross-eyed just trying to mount the thing.

But the rest of it sure looks nice. And what a price--$5K for a best quality English sidelock gun!

Probably cost $20K more though to straighten the tangs and locks and restock it.

[ 07-11-2003, 08:11: Message edited by: mrlexma ]

Posts: 13617 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrlexma:
I know it's heresy. But for God's sake how about closing your left eye!?

Not much help to the guy blind in one eye [Smile]

Wally

Posts: 472 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 08 March 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Been there-done that, as I have been blind in my right eye for 55 years. The problem I had was, that I get a bloody nose easily & with this crooked stock your nose is laid over the comb.

It was a lot simpler to just learn to shoot left-handed.

Posts: 26 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The late John Amber had a rifle made up with a stock that allowed him to use his left eye when he started to lose vision in his right one - he wrote about in "The Gun Digest review of Custom Guns" many years ago (I think it was shortly before he left us) and I have the article somewhere in case anyone is interested.

Posts: 2717 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 354 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 11 February 2001Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
T.Carr

thanks for posting the pictures, fun to see such gun.
I nothing strange about it, the gun is made for soeone who is either blind or dominant left eye. I guess of the adjustable comb that he have been ganing/loosing weight since the weight effects you neck and face dimentions. My guess it and old mans gun.

I have seen quite a few with ths type of stock, and shoot a few since I'm ambidextrous. It will cost a few cents and a bit more to get it restocked.

/ JOHAN

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
heck, if i wanted a best shotgun, I think i could manage to bring it back straight...

jeffe

Posts: 39574 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote