Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

'The Riflestock Bible' - useful?
 Login/Join

posted
Anyone downloaded 'The Riflestock Bible' (e-book) and found it to be worth $9.95 and useful?

Posts: 16 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 31 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
I've seen this - and looked for others as well. Not sure anything out there on riflestocks is of any value. Depends what you want to do with the information. For things like finishing, wood selection, measurements, etc. there are plenty of free resources - like this site and others - where it can be had for free with real time discussions. I was looking for a book to learn how to do stocks from scratch. Haven't found one that is worth a hill of beans, so I'm teaching myself - as a hobby not a profession. It's akin to learning how to be a gunsmith from a book - just isn't practical - you need real time hands on experience, hopefully with an instructor or mentor.

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3061 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
Many years ago Samworth Books combined three of Alvin Linden's pamphlets on making stocks from a bare blank, into one book. It was well worth the money. He was considered one of the best stockers America ever produced (did several of Jack O'Connor's custom rifles for one instance).

I loaned out my copy about 30 years ago and it never returned, so I can't recall the exact name, but I'm sure one could find it by going on-line to some place like AbeBooks and searching with Linden as author and Samworth as publisher.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
I've never seen the Riflestock Bible but they offer a 100% money back satisfaction guarantee. Given the low cost and guarantee, it's hard to see how you could get hurt in making a purchase.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote