Find
Notify
Tools

Rifle sights exportable from Canada?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted
A close friend brought over a H&R Handi-rifle in .500 S&W missing the sights. Found the base parts, both front and rear at Numrich, but haven’t found the front sight blade and rear sight aperture, both fiber optic, anywhere but at a shop called Gravel Agency in Quebec, and they tell me they can’t ship to me. Anyone know what the actual law is? Is there any practical way to get these parts? Part numbers are FM03086 and FM03083, their plastic and cost is less than $20.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2944 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
set on the e place for $37,,, dont know if that helps... H&R handi rifle sights is the search i used...

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2842 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Go steel.

Dovetail FRONT url=https://www.truglo.com/3-8-in-dovetail-front-sight/

REAR

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5231 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
Thanks, but the 500 S&W Handi-Rifle came with fiber optic sights so that rear sight won’t fit this base. I’ll figure out something but the simplest solution is out of reach in Canada.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2944 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Ah well. Time is money .... Can you talk him into spending several more dollars for a Skinner aperature? Those original sights look so flimsy and cheap.

skinner steel

Posts: 5231 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Sorry, unable to help Mr. Farner. Let us know if you find a set.
CB

one of us
posted Hide Post
The Canadian gov't requires an export permit to ship any part that can be attached to a gun. Plus, the part cannot be shipped Canadian Post to USPS. It must be shipped by an approved shipper like UPS. They kinda treat it like a HAZMAT. That shop probably doesn't want to jump through all of those hoops for $20. Be patient and keep monitoring Ebay. They will eventually show up. Your only other option is to plan a trip to Canada!

Posts: 3780 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you are really stuck shoot me a PM and I might be able to assist…

Posts: 1138 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 07 September 2005Reply With Quote