Find
Notify
Tools

QR rings for a Husqvarna mauser?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Riodot
posted
Can you give me you opinions on QR rings that fit a mauser?

I have a 9.3x62 I want to scope.

Warne? Leupold? Talley? any other?

What would you suggest?

What are your favorites and why??

Lance

Lance Larson Studio

lancelarsonstudio.com

Posts: 933 | Location: Casa Grande, AZ | Registered: 11 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Riodot
posted Hide Post
No one has any opinions??

Lance

Lance Larson Studio

lancelarsonstudio.com

Posts: 933 | Location: Casa Grande, AZ | Registered: 11 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
Personally I prefer a verticle spit ring like the Warne Premier and Talley compared to the Leupold and others. To me they just look cleaner.

I especially like the Warne Premiers. They are no longer available but occasionaly pop up for sale on Ebay. I like the looks of them better than the Talleys. The 2 screw Talleys have always seemed kind of squared off looking to me and not as smooth lined as the Warne Premiers.

But the Talleys are easy to get and that is a big plus.

I dont care for the looks of the current Warne Maximas. They are very bulky looking. They look right at home on a flat top AR-15 or a varmint rig, but if you want a cleaner classier look go with the Talleys or try and find a set of the Premiers.

I have both Talleys and Premiers and have found them both to be very accurate when removed and put back on. They both have always gone right back to zero every time. I have no experience with the Leupolds so I cant say if they are that accurate or not. But from others reports they work extremely well.

William Berger

True courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne

The courageous may not live forever, but the timid do not live at all.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I almost always use the Leupold QR bases and rings on rifles (especially Mausers).

That's because I prefer 30mm scopes, and more often than not I need to bring them back just a skosh closer towards my eye, and the extended rings allow me to do that.

Also, whenever I travel I remove the scope from the rifle. Fewer headaches.

Garrett

Posts: 987 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 23 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I like the Talley "once piece" base & bottom half of rings & have them on all my Mausers. They are
precision made, fit right, lightweight & strong.
The one piece base & ring style make them more solid than other types...one piece is better than 2 piece base & ring. And are priced right. Can't beat them in my opinion.
Don't look any further, Tom

Posts: 262 | Location: Wyoming, U.S.A. | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
The one pieces are very nice in that regard but sometimes one has to be carefull about the occular lens. Some of them can be too big in diameter and the bolt handle hits them. Just pay attention to that as you select the components.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11141 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote