New
Find
Notify
Tools

Legacy action?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has any one actually bought & built a rifle using Legacy's new action? I've read two articles lately about Legacy actions, Boyd's stocks & Shaw barrels. I'm sure a couple writers appreciate all the free stuff. I would like to build a lightweght 7mm-08, for my son. & no I don't want a model 7. Thanks in advance for any help.

Posts: 137 | Location: ormond beach fl | Registered: 02 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thmpr,
I have one in my possession but havent built anything on it. Duane Weibe did a write up on it in the summer issue of the "Gunmaker" and he was very unimpressed with it.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
JUNK! Well not entirely; I guess the triggerguard is ok.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
Chic:

I was just in his shop, and talked to Dwayne about his "write-up" on the Legacy action. After our conversation, I asked for, and was granted permission by Dwayne to post this reply.

Actually, he did not write the article, but rather, his comments were taken out of context from a private conversation he had with the Editor of Gunmaker. He never granted permission for the publication of the comments, and did not have the opportunity to review them before they were published.

Dwayne does not care for the wierd integral scope mount bases on the action, but is currently building a couple of rifles on them, including one for me, and has recommended the action to other customers. What he does is re-machine the bridges, as well as the polishing and truing one would expect for any action on a custom rifle. On the rifle he is building for me, he has set it up to take Warne rings. I don't believe that Dwayne would recommend an action he does not believe in.

My rifle should be completed in about a month, and I will post pictures.

Dave

Posts: 3845 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote