Notify
Tools

Great range photo, and warning!!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of JAG
posted
Greetings all,
I went to the range last night with a friend. It was a stress reliever from a log day on the job. After a couple hours of shooting, we got out the small autos, 9mm and 45 acp. I was shooting my Kimber and my buddy was shooting a pt92. Anyway I was reloading and hear this "snap" from his pistol. He went through a cool off and then ejected the case, empty, with only with a few grains of unburnt powder. I told him that there there would be a slug lodged in the barrel. As I turned away and he say, you wont belive this.... thus the picture below. Good warning, and a great picture. Thought I would share it with you all.

-

Posts: 510 | Location: Hood River, OR | Registered: 08 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, that picture is a good warning. I once had a 158 Gr. get stuck in a .357 Mag. Luckily I figured it out without pulling the trigger again.

Posts: 1450 | Location: Dakota Territory | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I seen a lot of bullets struck in barrels before but never half way out. Neat.

Posts: 19597 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Used to work in a gunshop. Customer brought in his Dan Wesson 357. The guy had filled the barrel with 38 spl wadcutters. One behind the other. Six inches of the barrel was full of a solid mass of lead bullets. He actually reloaded and kept shooting! He only stopped when the last one tied up the cylinder. Very cool to see the sectioned barrel.

Posts: 813 | Location: Left Coast | Registered: 02 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
scot: I don't think I would have showed that to anybody.

Posts: 1450 | Location: Dakota Territory | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JD:
scot: I don't think I would have showed that to anybody.

kinda like that movie, when the kid dreamed about pissing ?!?!?

Posts: 39660 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote