New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stepchild's new toy (photos)
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
SC will be along later to explain the photos, Barrel and chambering by Jim White of Prescott AZ (posts here under that name). Stockwork and metal finish by Al Siegrist of Prescott MI.

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jim White
posted Hide Post
Hats off to Mr. Siegrist. That looks great. Jim

99% of the democrats give the rest a bad name.

"O" = zero

NRA life member

Posts: 730 | Location: Prescott, AZ | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
Nice clean looking sporter. thumbroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim White:
Hats off to Mr. Siegrist. That looks great. Jim

Thanks Jim,
But, it was you that made this happen.And I didn't really expect that much detail or I would have dusted it off.

Thanks a bunch to Tailgunner for posting the pictures.And by the way, the pictures were shot from Tailgunners deck. Not much worry about the volume on the stereo, with the nearest neighbor a 1/4 mile away
Stepchild

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1326 | Location: glennie, mi. USA | Registered: 14 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Roger, I appreciate that. It really looks better than the pictures show it.

Would you believe the stock came out of Richard's Micro Fit's seconds bin? I had to repair a few little knots but for less than $100 I ain't complaining.

Montana Rifle Co barrel, 1/12 twist.

Thanks again,
Dennis

Dennis

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1326 | Location: glennie, mi. USA | Registered: 14 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
stepchild 2,
Very nice indeed and certainly looks like the right countryside for the caliber and rifle combo!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Does anybody know when this action was manufactured?
Thanks in advance,

Dennis

NRA Life Member

one of us
posted Hide Post
driver,
Thank You very much for the compliment.
Where we deer hunt/shoot the shots are usually from 250-450 yards and sometimes a bit more.

Stepchild

NRA Life Member

One of Us
Picture of just say moe
posted Hide Post
Nice rifle!. On the top of the reciever ring, under the scope mount there should be a code; dou, byf, 243, duv, etc followed by a 2 or 4 digit year code.

"Pick out two!" - Moe Howard

Posts: 295 | Location: ARKANSAS - Ouachita mtns. | Registered: 19 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is that the "Old classic" stock Richard makes?

Posts: 615 | Location: a cold place | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Moe,
I really didn't want to take the scope and bases off, I thought someone could come close from the pictures. Thanks,

Dennis

NRA Life Member

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nortman:
Is that the "Old classic" stock Richard makes?

Yes Sir, it is.

Stepchild

NRA Life Member

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Neat rifle. Should serve you well.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
TCI,
Thank You.

Stepchild

NRA Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Geeeeeeez! I thought "step-child" was a family handicap. You sure prove that old adage wrong! I'd be careful where I show that nazi proof around though, some hardcore collectors will lose their minds seeing that on a sporter. animal

An old man sleeps with his conscience, a young man sleeps with his dreams.

Posts: 777 | Location: United States | Registered: 06 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, the collectors can't hold me responsible for chopping this one, I bought it that way.
And the Stepchild thing, let's just say it's a long story.

Stepchild

NRA Life Member

one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Very nice rifle. Wanna adopt me?
I have two "step" (they hate that word)children who each have received guns from me. Although their mother and I are divorced, I'm still Dad... and they now are both adults!

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prof242:
Very nice rifle. Wanna adopt me?
I have two "step" (they hate that word)children who each have received guns from me. Although their mother and I are divorced, I'm still Dad... and they now are both adults!

prof242,
First off, thanks for the compliment. The stepchild thing came about when I was 7 years old and my dad remarried, and she had two of her own, that's when the Stepchild thing developed. This BITCH was the devils deciple. And showed it. I have never hated anyone as much as her, and if prison wouldn't have been in my furure, this Bitch would be dead.

And as far as the adoption thing goes, why don't you adopt me, there's more Elk, deer and most likely,pheasants in Colorado than Michigan and we could maybe work out a lend/lease on the Mauser.Want a few guests for a week or two?

Seriously, I'd like to do a hunt like that,
let me know if it would work for you.
At any rate,thanks for the reply.

Stepchild

NRA Life Member

One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
What mauser is that 98?

I don't remember seeing a Eagle and swastika on a 98 before.

Then again, I haven't played with one in about 10 years.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What kind of floorplate and trigger guard you using on that rifle ? It looks nice, I have a VZ-24 to build nd I might go with the same one if I can...tj3006

freedom1st

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by D99:
What mauser is that 98?

I don't remember seeing a Eagle and swastika on a 98 before.

Then again, I haven't played with one in about 10 years.

Sorry for the time lapse, plumb forgot about it.
I bought this action from a guy who had already altered beyond collector value. Can't shed any light as to the markings.

Stepchild

Send me an e-mail or a PM if you want to continue this discucion.

Stepchild

NRA Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice, indeed! thumb

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
So it's a left handed, right bolted, right eject rig???

If that's right, no thanks for shells ejecting on the same side of the rifle as my face--never could figure why some folks would want that??

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

If that's right, no thanks for shells ejecting on the same side of the rifle as my face--never could figure why some folks would want that??

Fish, they probably "want that" because the alternative to a military mauser in right hand configuration is a custom made mauser in left hand at $3,000 plus if they want a mauser or a commercial left hand action which is hard to find although not as expensive. And most left handers I have seen ejecting the shells have to lift their face off the stock to do it so there does not seem to be any issue to them.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Customstox:
quote:

Chic,
Thanks for your reply, I couldn't have put it better myself!
I've been shooting CF rifles since the early 60's and have never found a right handed rifle to be a handicap. Regardless of which eye you shoot from, you have to lift your head to cycle the bolt regardless of your master eye! I've never owned a left handed gun of any kind and never will.
Most of my shots result in one shot kills, so what the problem is?(pun intended)
Chic, thanks again for explaining this, it's not like i'm feeding a .50 BMG.

Stepchild

Fish, they probably "want that" because the alternative to a military mauser in right hand configuration is a custom made mauser in left hand at $3,000 plus if they want a mauser or a commercial left hand action which is hard to find although not as expensive. And most left handers I have seen ejecting the shells have to lift their face off the stock to do it so there does not seem to be any issue to them.

NRA Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is a VERY good looking rifle, in an excellent chambering. Great figure in the stock too. The lines of that stock sure are pretty.
That's a perfect 900 yard PD rifle... Big Grin
Brother Siegrist strikes again.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is likely a duv 41 - I have one that the side is identical with the exception of a 47xx serial number. They serialized everthing including the guard screws. Good job on your duv!

Posts: 156 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 24 March 2004Reply With Quote