THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Ever heard of a gunmaker named Vale from the Adirondacks?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ever heard of a gunmaker named Vale from the Adirondacks?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
A friend says he has a custom Mauser by him and wanted more info.

Thanks, Rob

Posts: 1689 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Scrollcutter
posted Hide Post
Could that be Roy Vale (Vail)?

Posts: 1634 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Most certainly could be, Roger. Would you know where I might find out more info?

Thanks, Rob

Posts: 1689 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Roy Vail was a very well-known and excellent gunsmith and engraver who lived and worked in Warwick, N.Y. I was privileged to meet him in 1953. He had done a custom rifle for my dad. I believe he passed away in the 60s. Your friend is very fortunate!

Connelley

Posts: 4 | Location: Arnold, NE USA | Registered: 26 April 2001Reply With Quote