Find
Notify
Tools

Shaping a blind magazine stock
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted
I'm going to make a stock for my colt light rifle to give me something to do this winter. I can't really decide what to do with the shape where the bottom metal would normally be. I'm think of making the stock as trim as possible and might cut the mag box down a bit and sacrifice a round. I just can't envision how to shape this area and then transition it into the forend. Any ideas or experiences? Thanks.

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
dempsey

I like this stock. It was built by Dressel on a squared up Peruvian Mauser in 7x57. No bottom metal, rounded foreend with the stock pinched in right in front of the receiver ring.

Guns Sept.1989

Posts: 6492 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
Rich, thanks for that picture beer I like the rounded underbelly.

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In SDH's book of B&W pictures of Custom rifles there are some great pics of Jerry Fisher's round bottom rifle. Besides this there are other excellent rifles for inspiration, you might check it out...............DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
dj, that's probably a good idea as pictures seem to serve me best when trying to envision something.