Find
Notify
Tools

barrels for .22 Savage
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of asdf
posted
I have an inexplicable desire to have made up a .22 Savage barrel for my T/C. Does anyone still make barrel blanks of the proper bore and groove for this oldster? (Yeah, I know, I should just build a Zipper.)

Posts: 980 | Location: U.S.A. | Registered: 01 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I found a outlet for your caliber barrel.For the barrel only the price is Chrome Moly is $265,and for Stainless steel is $285. This does not include threading and chambering. Go to www.kriegerbarrel.com/ van

Posts: 442 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 16 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of asdf
posted Hide Post
I looked at their site and at first thought as you did. Their .228 barrels are, though, .228 bore, for a 23 caliber chambering (I didn't know there were any 23 calibers!).

CIP specs call for a .221/.226 barrel, but I suspect a .227 groove was more typical. (The CIP calls for a .219/.225 barrel for the European variant of the Savage.) I haven't any SAAMI reference for the barrel; Ken Howell's book on Cartridge Conversions has the old SAAMI specs for the chamber. Pac-Nor lists .228 groove barrels, probably for the various Ackley's. That may have to do.

one of us
Picture of asdf
posted Hide Post
Hey van, I just saw your post in the custom bore barrels thread, and I now see that note at the bottom of the Krieger page about customs bores and grooves. I'll drop them a line. Thanks.