New
Find
Notify
Tools

Canjar Trigger help
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have two Ruger 77's with tang safety, and Canjar set triggers.
One fires with the safety on.
The other won't fire with the safety on, but if you pull the trigger while the safety is on, then slide the safety off, it will go off.
I think I'd like to replace these with another trigger. Help or suggestions appreciated.
Dave

Posts: 38 | Location: Western Michigan | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dave

If your interested in selling the Canjars I am interested in them.

Hal

Posts: 160 | Location: Montana | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hal,

I have to replace it with something.
If you have an original tang saftey, trigger assembly with trigger guard, I'll trade you even up, one for one. My trigger guard has been modified for the Canjar trigger, you'll need it anyways.
Dave

Posts: 38 | Location: Western Michigan | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dave

I don't have anything to trade.
I have one R 77V with a Canjar and thought I would pickup the triggers in case I get another R77.
Let me know if you decide to cell.

Hal

Posts: 160 | Location: Montana | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Personaly I'd find a good gunsmith to repair your Canjar's.
Why toss a high quality trigger with a simple repairable issue just to replace it with a inexpensive "wanna be Canjar" unit?

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tailgunner,

I'm from Western MI.
Can you recommend a good gunsmith in MI.
Thanks, Dave

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've heard there might be one in Muskegan, but I don't have a name or number for them.
Personally I deal with A) Bruce at Flint & Frizzen in Clarkston (he's rebuilt the Canjar on my Mauser, after I wore it out) and Al at Siegrest Gun & Machine in Prescott/Whittemore (I was dealing with Bruce for 25 years before I moved to Whittemore).
Both of them apprenticed under Bob Snapp, (who is now semi-retired somewhere in the Clare area) before starting their own shops.

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bitman:
Hal,

If you have an original tang saftey, trigger assembly with trigger guard, I'll trade you even up, one for one. My trigger guard has been modified for the Canjar trigger, you'll need it anyways.
Dave

Dave,
That would be a mistake, sounds like an adjustment problem to me. I've owned a few Canjars over the years, presently own 2 and have never had a problem, are yours set triggers? if yes send me your address and i'll copy the instructions and send it to you, it ain't rocket science.

Stepchild

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1326 | Location: glennie, mi. USA | Registered: 14 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bitman:
Hal,

Dave

Dave,
Modifying the bottom metal wasn't nessesary, you are supposed to remove the shoe(two little pins) assemble the rifle and replace the shoe last.

Stepchild

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1326 | Location: glennie, mi. USA | Registered: 14 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
canjars are one of the best triggers available, yours are out of adjustment is all

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bitman,
Did you get the paper work yet?

Stepchild

NRA Life Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Send it in to Ruger. They will replace any parts needed to put it back to factory and send your Canjar back if you ask them to. Then you can sell the Canjar.

My friend had a Timney in his Ruger and he had trouble. Ruger fixed it no charge and sent his Timney back. They said they weren't allowed to send a gun back unless it was as they made it; liability issues.

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1602 | Location: Potter County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote