Find
Notify
Tools

G 33/40 Price check
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted
In the white G 33/40 .270 Win Lothar Walther barrelled action with set triggers and a fancy engraved bolt. What's it worth?

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1433 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't set a price or offer to buy without good photos.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Between $500 and $5,000.
The devil's in the details.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am just going to guess.

G.33/40 action $750
Lothar Walthar barrel $250
New bolt handle $250
Engraving bolt $150
Labor for Barrel $300
labor for Polishing $150.
Set triggers - worthless if you don't like them.

Might need

decent trigger $100
3 position safety $150
Labor $100

One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
Just curious.

I have a blank that I bought from Steve Heilman $800 that's been inletted for it. I'd like to say I paid $650 for the action, $500 for the bolt, I guess $550 for the barrel job, $250 for the trigger. I believe it has a 3 position safety, don't remember.

I have no interest in doing anyting with it as I have 2 rifles coming soon. I was just curious to see if it's worth the effort to sell or not, otherwise it'll be in my safe for another 5-6 years.

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1433 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
why don't you throw it all in a pile, take a photo, and let us see it for the heck of it.

One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
OK crappy iPhone pics. It does have a 3 position, which it and the barrel job were done by Jim DuBell

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is a guy over on 24 hour who has been looking for a G.33/40 for a long time because he wants to build a .270. I will see if I can find his posts.

found it. The guys handle is "petr"

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/...php/topics/4302831/1

one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks like one of J Belks hollow/skeleton bolt knobs ?

One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
quote:

And here I thought it wasnt 100% penetration...

Sorry, couldnt pass that one up... Wink

Posts: 1641 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
Yep it is one of Jacks.

Thanks I posted on 24 as well. The stuff is for sale for what I paid for it. I forgot about the 3 position safety. I dunno, what would Jim have charged for the barrel, the 3 position safety and the work? $1K ????????? Dunno

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Frank,
Is this the stuff you got back from Bill?

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7541 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by manhasset:

Pretty sure Jack didn't weld it though.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4861 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by manhasset:

-had the same reaction.

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
Russell, yes. He had it for I dunno 5 years or so. I've since built one 270, have another one being finished and have 2 others in my safe.

Shame, it'll just sit in my safe for another 5-6 years....but......c'est la vie.................

one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FMC:
Russell, yes. He had it for I dunno 5 years or so. I've since built one 270, have another one being finished and have 2 others in my safe.

Shame, it'll just sit in my safe for another 5-6 years....but......c'est la vie.................

You'll have something to look forward to in 5 years!

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4861 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
quote:

Agreed... but glad you got the components back. Oh well, as Z1r said it will give you something to look forward to in the future!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7541 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote