New
Find
Notify
Tools

Clip keeps falling out ?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
After two shots the clip falls out of my .358 BLR81. Never happened in the past, This year it happend while bear hunting( could have been a problem if I needed a third shot) and it has been happening at the range. Checked the retainer spring and it is tight, can't really see whats wrong. Any ideas ?

Posts: 367 | Location: Farmington, Mo | Registered: 07 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Get some new magazines and a stronger spring for your latch. That would probably solve all your problems as your spring is probably weakened over time eventhough you said you checked it out and looked fine to you. [Cool]

one of us
Picture of sonofagun
posted Hide Post
WHADDAYA THINK DUCT TAPE'S FOR?

DEWEY [Big Grin] ,CHEETUM [Roll Eyes] , & HOWE [Confused]
CUSTOM GUNSMITHS

Posts: 1946 | Location: Michigun | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What sonofagun said!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Obviously the rifle is a POS, and I will dispose of it for you for a nominal fee [Big Grin] . However you could look at the clip. On the 81's the clip has a rim that goes flush with the bottom of the receiver when the clip is attached to the receiver. If it is not exactly flat and is bent like on an edge the clip feels like it is inserted but it isn't really latched. My 81 had this problem and I bought a new clip before If figured it out. A little flatning with a vise cured the orginal (now I have two). [Razz]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ya better be careful! Ross Seyfried was just proclaimed an idiot on this board for complaining about clips!

Posts: 1237 | Location: Lexington, Kentucky, USA | Registered: 04 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would have sworn some folks said you never had trouble with clips falling out. I'm sure it's fixable.

Posts: 42156 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote