THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

REM X-mark Trigger: can I adjust it myself?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Wayfaring Stranger
posted
Can I adjust the pull weight on the "Xmark" trigger in my new REM 700 XCR?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If the 270 won't do it the .338 will, if the 338 won't I can't afford the hunt!

Posts: 320 | Location: Montgomery, Texas | Registered: 29 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yep.

"There always seems to be a big market for making the clear, complex."

Posts: 1372 | Location: USA | Registered: 18 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wayfaring Stranger
posted Hide Post
I didn't see anything about it in the manuel. Is there printed instructions anywhere? Will someone tell me how?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If the 270 won't do it the .338 will, if the 338 won't I can't afford the hunt!

Posts: 320 | Location: Montgomery, Texas | Registered: 29 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wayfaring Stranger:
I didn't see anything about it in the manuel. Is there printed instructions anywhere? Will someone tell me how?

Adjusting triggers is usually not included in an instruction manual. The little folded and "velcroed" card that accompanies the new Remigtons say's that the new trigger is "gunsmith" adjustable for "weight of pull".

They believe, and rightly so, that only those who have received training, and/or otherwise experienced, and know what they are doing, should make adjustments to the "fire control" system of a firearm. Based on the numbers of unsafe triggers that come to my shop, I believe they might be on to something. The best and safest way to learn is to find someone who is experienced, and who knows what they are doing, to show you how to properly adjust and test the Remington trigger before going solo. There is more to it than just turning screws. Good luck!

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote