New
Find
Notify
Tools

FN Medallion
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a friend who wants to sell me a beautiful 7 mag. fn browning medallion. Trouble is, its a short extractor, would it be worth, or is it even possible to fit it with a claw extractor. Can any hardcore gunsmiths shed light on this situation?...Thanks

One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
Not a DG caliber.
Would not worry about the extractor.

Buy on condition of weapon (and accuracy if you can shoot it) and how much you like it vs resale value ,friendship factors , etc.

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DuggaBoye, Thanks for Your input, I will pass on this rifle. I think all classic German, Belgium, Austrian bolt hunting rifles should have claw extractors. It would be to hard to fool myself into trying to like it. Hell, the rifles I like are the ones I wont have to make excuses for inferior design.

One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
quote:
is it even possible to fit it with a claw extractor

Dennis Olson in Plains, MT did a conversion from PF to CRF on my Post 64 Model 70. I would bet that he can do the same on an FN, probably easier than the Model 70. I'd call him and ask.

Address: BOX 337 PLAINS, MT 59859 USA
Voice: 1-406-826-3790

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Masterifleman, Thanks, I will give him a call, do You remember the cost of the conversion? And is it functionaly reliable?