THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mauser Spandau 1917 model 98 - good or bad?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I came across a GEW Spandau 1917 model 98. Are these decent actions? I am looking to build a 25-06 off it and was wondering if this would be a good choice or wait for something else?

Thanks!

Posts: 352 | Location: NJ | Registered: 24 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a 30-06 built on a Spandau 1908 action sold by Brian Perazone in New York. The bolt is very smooth to operate and the rifle is very nice. Your 25-06 should be superb when it is completed.

Mehul Kamdar

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."-- Patrick Henry

Posts: 2717 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Brian Perazone

is he still in business? I bought a 10/22 barrel and some other related parts from him about 12 years ago.

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He mostly does business on GB under the name huntgrouse.
-Don

Posts: 1085 | Location: Detroit MI | Registered: 28 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tin Can,

Don Markey is absolutely right. Brian posts occasionally on the Nitroexpress forums and he also builds some incredible small caliber double rifles on Italian shotgun actions these days.

I have his phone numbers etc if you want them. Just let me know. Can't think of a better person to deal with then Brian.

Mehul Kamdar

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."-- Patrick Henry

Posts: 2717 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He used to send out a flyer with what he had in stock, and quotes on various gunsmithing, there was always something of interest.

http://www.bpgunsmith.com/

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote